Sirius volume | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sirius volume

coalcracker

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Eddie Bauer
Opinions on Sirius digital tuner

I've just installed a Pioneer 3900MP HU that is SAT radio ready in my 95 Eddie Bauer. Love the unit. I also have a Sirius Starmate PNP unit. The CD is so much louder than the Starmate and has alot more bass. I was thinking of installing one of those Sirius digital tuners that directly connects to the HU. My question is: will the tuner match the sound level of the CD player? Would love to hear opinions on this.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It should since the tuner would be hard wired to the stereo no sound loss in hardwiring it and you also know that sound level in the starmate is adjustable just have to access the menu in the unit and find the sound level screen and turn it up:D

well, my unit has an audio level adjustment on the side of the unit, but it makes no difference whether it's all the way or down. There is no sound level adjustment on the menu

it still won't sound better than cd i just asked my car stereo guy that today because my 6disc changer took a puke and my pnp sirius just sucks

it still won't sound better than cd i just asked my car stereo guy that today because my 6disc changer took a puke and my pnp sirius just sucks
I know it won't sound as good as the CD but I'd be happy with noticeable improvement over the Starmate. I agree with you that the PNP sound quality sucks.

When you hooked up your pnp to sirius did they send you the rf adapter that hooks up to your antenna cable and then hooks up to your stereo, I have noticed improved sound and clarity with this piece and they sent it to me for free, the car stereo shop charged me like 20.00 to install which is fine because i dont have the paitence....

Back