Six weeks still in shop! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Six weeks still in shop!

It, like many new vehicles, was not rated on reliability but on driveability, features, fit and finish, etc. Initial reviews were very positive. As for reliability, time will tell.
I have seen a few of both brands around my area where Ford and Dodge are the two main dealerships. The length of their warranty may also have an impact on sales.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have to thank all these highly complicated newer vehicles bringing the value of all my old ****boxes up. A few years ago my wife's 04 explorer was only worth $3500 in great condition with 170k. Just sold it for $4900

My 02 7.3 superduty sits in front of my house and doesn't get used but a few times a month. It's clearcoat is about gone, I wash it once a year but keep it greatly maintained. It has 160k on it. I've had 2 people offer me $15k for it over the summer and turned them away. Kbb lists its value at 14k with good paint.

We are definitely at a point where the complexity of the new vehicles are making older ones more appealing.

I have to thank all these highly complicated newer vehicles bringing the value of all my old ****boxes up. A few years ago my wife's 04 explorer was only worth $3500 in great condition with 170k. Just sold it for $4900

My 02 7.3 superduty sits in front of my house and doesn't get used but a few times a month. It's clearcoat is about gone, I wash it once a year but keep it greatly maintained. It has 160k on it. I've had 2 people offer me $15k for it over the summer and turned them away. Kbb lists its value at 14k with good paint.

We are definitely at a point where the complexity of the new vehicles are making older ones more appealing.

Yup, I am in the same boat. My 2015 6.7 (5 yrs old this past May) has 49,000 miles. Stickered for 70k, paid 62k, worth about 50k and paid off about 3 months ago. I cant believe I could sell it and buy a new one for about 20k out of pocket. The resale value is insane.

This is the way now with all these vehicles constantly increasing in MSRP.

It's a 2020 model, there are no legitimate quality ratings. Initial quality means crap. I went looking at a kia/Hyundai for my mother in law.. looked at 2020s and also looked at 2 year old lease turn ins with mileage in the high teens to low 20s. The black plastic on the 20s were grey on the 2 year old vehicles. Not grey because that was the color but grey because of the sun fade on the cheap plastic they use.

At the NY auto show this year, I was very impressed with how far along the kia/Hyundai vehicles have come in the visual dept inside and out. However, I can put a really nice lipstick on a pig and under that beautiful lipstick... is still a pig. The black plastic on my 11 Explorer looked just as good as the day I bought it 9 years later.

To this day I would not trust kia/Hyundai for longevity.

People want to complain that the 10.1 vertical screen looks bad.. This screen look 10 times worse IMO.

YMMV

View attachment 174416

The Quality has improved greatly for Hyundia/Kia over the years and I cannot stand that vertical "upgraded" screen on the higher Explorer models?

The Quality has improved greatly for Hyundia/Kia over the years and I cannot stand that vertical "upgraded" screen on the higher Explorer models?

Thank goodness they have the 8" screen for you.

Mine is due to be built 10/12 and my heart says yea but my mind is saying wait and see what spring brings. Big decision coming up.
If you can wait, id wait. Next year will be here before you know it and hopefully all the issues are resolved and you don't have to go through all the issues I’m having.

Even higher end trims have the option not to take portrait screen. I test drove one ST with it and another one with landscape and preferred landscape because of the looks much more normal and also because of the usability. .

Even higher end trims have the option not to take portrait screen. I test drove one ST with it and another one with landscape and preferred landscape because of the looks much more normal and also because of the usability. .
Unfortunately, not in Canada. If you order a Platinum, the Technology Package is Standard. It's optional on the Sport.

Peter

:eek:
index.php
Couldn't help but noticing the hand-grips to either side of the shifter...Aren't EJECT handles 'sposed to be painted YELLOW?:eek:..

Its been 5 weeks and my ST is still at the dealer being repaired for the front end noise and other quality control issues. I just started the buyback process and received a claim number from ford. Im sure this will be a drawn out process.

Its been 5 weeks and my ST is still at the dealer being repaired for the front end noise and other quality control issues. I just started the buyback process and received a claim number from ford. Im sure this will be a drawn out process.
What is your VIN#, mine is LGA045XX and has these suspension noise issues, also in the shop going on two weeks now....

LGA262xx. I ordered on march 13 and received it aug 28. Maybe your on to something.

Did some further investigating...seems like they DO NOT index in sequence. The next Explorer Platinum is 28 higher, and 45 lower than mine when I did a VIN search on google. Those units were or are on dealer lots. So no, they are definitely not sequential. It also looks like the # series for ST's are contained within a certain number batch, yours is 26,x... The 045XX ones close to mine are all Platinums....

Did some further investigating...seems like they DO NOT index in sequence. The next Explorer Platinum is 28 higher, and 45 lower than mine when I did a VIN search on google. Those units were or are on dealer lots. So no, they are definitely not sequential. It also looks like the # series for ST's are contained within a certain number batch, yours is 26,x... The 045XX ones close to mine are all Platinums....

I have posted in a few other threads that VINs are not built in order. They are assigned in order by the system but VIN assignment has nothing to do with what day it will be built.

Just spoke to ford rep and as of now my buyback claim has been denied. I will not be taking it home if the clunk has not been repaired. Its currently in the body shop getting paint issues taken care of then its supposed to go back to service for clunking ‘again’. Ill keep you guys updated.

I might advise you take it home and bring it right back if the problem is not resolved. This way they will have to close the previous repair order, and open a new one if you come back later. If you leave the vehicle there, they keep a single open repair order. You will not have any leverage with a buyback if there are not multiple repair attempts. A single repair order is a single repair attempt.

I might advise you take it home and bring it right back if the problem is not resolved. This way they will have to close the previous repair order, and open a new one if you come back later. If you leave the vehicle there, they keep a single open repair order. You will not have any leverage with a buyback if there are not multiple repair attempts. A single repair order is a single repair attempt.
I will do just that thx.

Just spoke to ford rep and as of now my buyback claim has been denied. I will not be taking it home if the clunk has not been repaired. Its currently in the body shop getting paint issues taken care of then its supposed to go back to service for clunking ‘again’. Ill keep you guys updated.

It does not matter if they denied it, if you meet your state lemon law requirements, start the process. It is in the back of your manual. Use the BBB to start it and they will by the middle man. Many have done it that way.

It does not matter if they denied it, if you meet your state lemon law requirements, start the process. It is in the back of your manual. Use the BBB to start it and they will by the middle man. Many have done it that way.
Thx

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It has now been six weeks with my ST in the shop. Dealer called and said that ford is sending "updated" struts and strut mounts for the clunking I was having in the front end. It should be repaired by next week. If anyone else was having this issue maybe this helps.

Back