skid plates

TarHeel085

And den
Reaction score
City, State
Raleigh, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport 4wd
ok guys i sent a request form to FPN, and got a response on the t-case and gas tank skid plate. but my question is, is the transfer case SP one you can see. i want one you can actually tell the i have. like on some of the rangers. anybody know what im talkin about?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The tcase skid plate is located behind the tranny-supporting frame crossmember. You'll know it if you have it, it's hard to miss.

what i mean is hard to explain, maybe, but i want a thing that covers the torsion frame/bar (what ever it is) that comes down from the bumper or frame. do they make such a thing?

OH! You mean the front differential skid plate? A plate running from the lower A-arm mount (there's probably a proper term, but I don't know it) up to the bumper?

Cameron made one - http://208.38.138.31/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28953&highlight=custom+skid+plate

2001ExpSport made one too, his pics aren't showing though. http://208.38.138.31/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31122&highlight=custom+skid+plate

I personally like the way that 2001's looks, the unfinished metal contrasts with the undercarraige.

exactly, but what i really want is a ford one, cause im not really that good at custom fabbing something. ya know what i mean, so does anyone know the part number for the dif skid plate. or how much it costs.

I didn't even know that Ford made one to fit the Explorer. From what I gather, the skidplates aren't that hard to make yourself. I think Cameron has a 3" body lift, so that makes his more visible. You could remove your airdam once you add the skidplate, make it show really well.

Back