• Register Today It's free!

Skyjacker Lift

Todderr

Reaction score
City, State
Richmond,Va.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Limited
Hey guys, my question is if I want to get a 6" Skyjacker Lift for my 1994 Explorer can I get the lift for the Ranger (#236rhksa) the one with longer Radius arms and new rear leaf springs? I know I need to remount the perches but if I use the new leafs will I have more than 6" of lift in the rear? Also is this really worth the extra cost over the Superlift? Any help would be great.

I think that skyjacker does make a 6" lift for the explorer, at least they used to. You can always buy the extended radius arms separately. I think that the tuff country ones are a little better, but I've never seen them in person.

If they don't, check these guys out. www.jackit.com

They make their kits from a combination of skyjacker and tuff country parts.

The explorer kit was "discontinued", although it's the same kit as the ranger & bII :confused: . I'm in the middle of installing it on my '93, except I got the ranger kit with the rear blocks instead of springs. I'm not positive, but I don't believe the ranger leafs will work. I've never heard of anyone using them. If they worked, you'd have way over 6", the soa alone will give near that much. I'd guess 9-10". I'm using Superlift 4" leafs with 2" Warrior shackles.

Use the Ranger Class II lift, skip the leafs they wont work for your explorer.

do not mix match parts from different kits, you are asking for trouble. They dont always interchange.

Back