Skyjacker shocks

Xeek

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Virginia Beach, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 xlt
Anyone have experience with the skyjacker m95 shocks? I've had two of them replaced under warranty already, one leaked, one got pitted. And after my last trip out I have two that are leaking. Not trashing on them very hard either.

Am I just too hard on them or are they just that bad? $75 each so I figured they werent total crap 🤷🏻‍♂️

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am running the Skyjacker blackmaxx shocks on our Excursion and my F350, no issues thus far

are your shocks too short? Many times they will fail because they are being used as a limiting strap
What fails? the seals? The mounts?

They have a kick ass warranty don't they? Skyjacker has always taken care of me
How many shocks have failed?

I have had bad luck with Bilstein, rough country, and others as of late so I am not surprised to hear about quality issues with shocks.
sounds like you need limit straps? bump stops can flex quite a bit and steering will stop the travel but it too can get stretched a bit under load (on a rack is one thing, actually driving is another)

I'll have to double check the extension on droop. I can't remember. I'm pretty sure they don't max out though. But three of the shocks that have gone bad have been on the rear. This is the first front one. One of those was pitted. My rear does not max out at all.

Back