slaming a 93 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

slaming a 93

No difference in the I-beams... I called a customs shop in florida and talked to a guy that has done a few show and I mean show explorers and he said use the ranger beams there is no difference... I use them and have had no probs with them.... Later RJ68

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

RJ68: Did you have to get rotors and wheel bearings for a Ranger to make the beams work? Doesn't the beams mount different on a Ranger? From what I've seen the brackets are completly different. Did you use Ranger brackets and modify them? B.M

Everything on my X is for a X on the front end. Only thing different is the I-beams. I know for sure they are for a ranger too.

racinjason68 i have a 94 4x4 explorer and i want to switch over to 2wd and lower it with hydros. so if i went to the junk yard and found a ranger with 2x4 i-beams i could use the i-beam brakets the i-beams ( i would get lowering i-beams) and spindles and used the brakes that are already on my explorer would that work?
[my abs dosnt work and i dont like abs so if the rotors and spindles dont have it i dont care!]
i have found only one 2x4 explorer in my town and they wanted 900 for it! no way! so i need a cheap way ,BUT it must work! so tell me all you know!

thanks big time
mark

hey i don't live to far from u there can u drop me an email on that 2wd explorer u don't want.also on what u want to do with ur explorer i do believe it would work.i was told only thing differant is the ball joint they taper differant

I am not even sure that the ball joints are different or make that big of a difference.... See I am using explorer ball joints in the ranger beams... But I can see where possibly they used different ball joints, then again why use all the same stuff except the ball joints? Basicly the ranger say 89-93or4 are the same as a 91-94 X....
I have also learned that a tailgate from a 95 will fit a 94 and below. Although it takes a little adjusting to make one fit... My friend has a 92 and I bought him a 95 gate and he had to adjust the hinges and latches.... I would have to ask him what other crap he had to do, but just a idea if you want the 95 3rd brake light.........

the dream beams are for rangers and are made by jdm i think or something like that. chassis tech makes explorer ibeams and ranger ibeams there is a $200 aprox differance there not the same. i used to think they were but there not there is like a 1 inch differance or something

Originally posted by slammedxonair
the dream beams are for rangers and are made by jdm i think or something like that. chassis tech makes explorer ibeams and ranger ibeams there is a $200 aprox differance there not the same. i used to think they were but there not there is like a 1 inch differance or something
they are the same i called djm and the tech said they was just differant ball joints one taper more than the other

ya djm also made the round dream beams there suppost to be I beams for a reason pure strength thats why they use I beams in building construction

Originally posted by slammedxonair
ya djm also made the round dream beams there suppost to be I beams for a reason pure strength thats why they use I beams in building construction
they are also just as strong round dream beams . with chassis tech ones u can't get as low

All I know is that I am gonna go as low as I want... With the DJM Dream Beams... To each there own. There will be new pics soon. The new bags will be in tomarrow and the new dub'd X on air will be rollin hard soon...
Working on the fiberglass capacitor box and then time to start the new box for my 4 subs and 3 amps.

235/40/20s fit fine on my 93 with the 5/6 drop

Oh, and as for the "don't go past 3" or you acn't align it" Mine is down 5" in the front, and the camber is dead on spec

well when they alligned mine they said they had to use the biggest camber bushings they had and it was barely in spec with 3" drop in front... now that wont matter fixing to set the front on the ground. I am using 255/35/20's no rub... how did you do your 5/6 drop? I have even yanked a spring out of the rear of mine...

3'' chassis tech beams and 2'' eibach coils up front

3'' chassis tech leafs and 3'' blocks in rear

frame being notched soon

I used camber adjusters from engallseng.com to get the camber in spec.

I also used Doetsch tech Nitro Slammer shocks, Ive tried several other shocks, Edelbrock IAS and Monroes, and the DTs we far superior.

pics at http://www.dozure.net/x pics since those pics, ive added the EE X-Spec air dam

ok where did you get your camber adjusters from??

sorry i mistyped. should be ingallseng.com

a local shop carries ingalls stuff, got them through them. i think ingalls has a dealer list on their site.

those pics are also before i got the camber fully in spec. they are still like 2 deg off in the pics, and the wheel is turned, so it looks a lot more severe than it is.

Got some good news from a local shop today

Just to let you know there is a company coming out with a deal to convert old rangers ( I beam trucks) to arms, and getting rid of the camber. The kit will come with A arms, spindles, and everything you need to lower and I beam truck with out the beams

You know it will work with the Explorer 91-94

I will let you guys know stay tunned

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

LOL well guess it is a good thing.... Too bad I just welded up my new brackets.... I will need a hole box of grinding disk to get the new plates off..... LOL Cant wait to see what the kit will cost... How about the explorer in Mini Truckin this month.... Damn I want to be in there.... well guess I am gonna need more mods...

Back