• Register Today It's free!

slaming a 93

joker

Reaction score
City, State
Seattle, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT
can you drop a 93 with 20's 3" in the front with drop beams and 4" in back with de-arched leafs and blocks?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well the 20's will fit with 3" drop on front as I will soon find out. But u will prob have to go with a very low profile tire say a 30 - 40 series tire, which in turn makes for a bit rougher ride... As for the back I am just using 3" blocks for now and they should clear fine... As soon as I get mine on I will let you know how much space is there and any updated info I see from mine as far as tire size and how low u can go.... Later, RJ68

hey racinjason, where do you get those drop beams, and also what about the eibach 2" drop springs for the front and 3' drop blocks for the back, whats the best setup for our model year? thanks

Andy

Mines lowered 3/4 too. My 235-75-15 fit but scrubed inner fender up frond on hard bumps. So a low profile 20 should work. I used chassie tech beams up front and thair 3in leafs a 1in blocks out back. I needed new u bolts for the blocks. i also made a 2&1/2 notch for the frame. It still rides great. I wouldnot use coil springs. Racin Jason how did you run dream beams. They wouldent fit mine. Ranger and Explorer beams are diffrent.

drop leafs

how much are the drop leafs and where did you order them from? thanks. I hope mine will look good with 20's and a 3/4 drop, i have the KMC clockers if anyone was curious. It's just like your X white, tinted windows, bilit grill, clear corners, 2 kicker 12's solo's, and 20's. Thanks for the help.

Well I used 3" dream beams and 3" blocks on back. They are for a ranger but with a little modification they work, I found out from a guy in Florida that has done some show explorers... I am running 235/60/15" right now but i have my 20's on the way... I was told by the alighnment people that to stay alligned not to go below 3" on the front, unless u want to do some other work to drop the front... I thought about going with another inch in front and 4" angle block on back... But bags are in the future so where it sets now will work for me...
pics of mine are in befor and after as 1 bad X ....
Later and keep me posted...

Originally posted by 93BLUEXLT
hey racinjason, where do you get those drop beams, and also what about the eibach 2" drop springs for the front and 3' drop blocks for the back, whats the best setup for our model year? thanks

I just got an email from eibach stating that the 2" drop springs have been discontinued and should no longer be listed on their website.

Ranger and Explorer beams are diffrent

From what I've seen the I-Beams on the explorer are the same ones that are on the 2wd F150 of the same year, this is from doing some 2wd F150 lifts. It may be posible to use the dream beams for the F150, anyone have more info?

Tim

Ok I-Beams from a F-150 will NOT work... Ranger and explorer are in there own family. They are mid size not a full size.. Hince the reason they had a expedition, it is based on a full size.. As for the drop front coils I am gonna be looking for springs cause I need new ones the factorys have settled to much on me. Now from experience I would say that new springs are a must when lowering a 91-94. My reason is that I had mine alligned about 9 mo. ago and it has settled a 1" since then, that causes it to eat tires.. Old springs tend to settle not saying this is a must just recomended. Tire size I think I am gonna use is 245/35/20. Thanks RJ68

ok i already have the beams which i recomend too... But I would get new factory height springs cause like mine they will start to sag... As for the Dynomax set up it is not to bad a bit louder than stock and less restrictive... By the way I bought a '92 xlt 2 wheel tonight... hummm what to do with it.... later

I'm new in this section... I had a question about springs... Does lowering make your front springs give out or do they sag just because the're old??

the original springs on my '94 are still within spec; i just had them checked.

thanks

Well usually the springs start to sag due to age and a bit of added stress due to the different angle.. They should be fine for a while... mine started to sag after a year.. lower it and wait about 3 to 6 months and have the alignment checked again, just to make sure it is still correct... if anything it will make sure u dont wear your tires incorrectly... If u notice sag'n just call a spring shop and find some the same height but with more of a spring rate.. Later, RJ68

I'm not sure about the different angle, it just seems like they would just be compressed more causing the added stress.

the springs are NOT compressed more the I-beam moves them and they set at a slightly different angle... compressing them more would require more weight, and since we are just changing i beams there is no more weight added...

ahh..I see. :D I was thinking of just doing a torsion twist. I'm not looking to spend gobs of $$$

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i thought the ranger i-beams was differant from the explorers

Back