Slaughterhouse Gulch, Saturday 10/13 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Slaughterhouse Gulch, Saturday 10/13

Sweet, just checked the schedule and Air Force has an away game that weekend (fyi Academy mandates that ALL cadets attend home games, as the guys who went to Ouray found out). Oh, and we're playing CSU that day :D

SO...I will be there! Sparky, try to get that 4406 in if you can, it's amazing the difference it makes on the trails. Hokie, I'm down with camping Saturday night, nothing like finishing a day of wheeling with a campfire and a cold beer. Becker, what's your wheelbase again? I forgot since the last time we wheeled ;)

Can't wait to wheel with you guys again. I always love our trips.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I will be coming down from Laramie on 287. Set a place and I will be there.

Tim

Updated attendee list. Let me know if I'm missing anyone.

Tim, we're going to meet at 9AM in Conifer. Details earlier in this thread.

Glad you're joining us Jeff :thumbsup:

287 runs within 1.5 miles of my house. We could meet up in the Fort on that morning if you want.

Sound like a plan, set a time and place.

Tim

Sound like a plan, set a time and place.

Tim

Well, the group will be meeting in Conifer at 9AM so it'll be an early morning for you Tim. Conifer is 1 hour 30 min - 1 hour 40 min from Fort Collins

You have two choices for next Saturday morning:

You can meet me at the gas station (I think its a Conoco) on the corner of 287 (S College) and Prospect at 7-7:15 AM in Fort Collins. The gas station is on the SW corner of the intersection, it'll be a right turn when heading East on Prospect or South on College. We'd then take Prospect straight out to I-25.

or

You can meet me and Nick (Sparky) at the Loaf 'n Jug at the Johnstown exit on I-25 South (Exit 252, CO-48/60) at 7:45AM

Let me know which you prefer and I'll plan accordingly. I'll also PM you my cell number if you'd like.

Get excited guys, just over a week ~ this is going to be a great time! :bounce:

Met up with Nick tonight, he seems to have caught the itch and really wants to get that 4406 in before next weekend :thumbsup:

Sweet, just checked the schedule and Air Force has an away game that weekend (fyi Academy mandates that ALL cadets attend home games, as the guys who went to Ouray found out). Oh, and we're playing CSU that day :D

Oh great, another loss at home for the Rams :rolleyes:

Hokie, I'm down with camping Saturday night, nothing like finishing a day of wheeling with a campfire and a cold beer.

I stopped by the National Forest HQ here in FoCo, they confirmed that the Deer Creek campground will be open. There will be no facilities as they turn the water off at the beginning of October. The campground is at 9000' ft (dress warm!) and only a short drive from the trail head. So that is an option, but it sounds like Jaime can provide plenty of camping spots for us :) Can we get a tally on those interested in camping so I can update that list as well?

Emily and I will probably head back up to Conifer for a bit after we finish Slaughterhouse but she says she's up for camping, even if its cold. So we'll probably pick up food, beer, water, supplies, wood, etc for camping there.

Doug, please note that I have gone back and updated the meeting location to the Safeway/Sonic/Starbucks strip mall on Main street in Conifer. This is NOT to be confused as the Safeway on 285 heading out of Conifer.

Take the exit onto US-285 S toward Fairplay - 13.2 mi, 16 mins
Turn right toward Barkley Rd 157 ft
Turn right at Barkley Rd 341 ft
Turn right at S Wolff Ave 0.1 mi
Turn left at Main St 299 ft

Safeway
27152 Main St, Conifer, CO 80433

Or as Douglas said:
There is also a huge Safeway, fuel, Sonic, and Strip mall in Conifer that is on the WEST side of the 285 (thus you exit and it's on the left side... so take the exit overpass left over the 285) that provides a big lot for us to meet at, get snacks, gas, whatever and head out. Leaving there (Conifer area) at ~ 9 - 9:30 we should be able to make good time)

(Damn, I should be a project manager for some corporation :p:)

Hokie, sorry bout not sending you the exit number, I drove by it and rembered it all and then got home and.....didn't member to post it but looks like you got it anyway...

:thumbsup: Cool .... and yeah on the PM thing; sure :D

You can meet me at the gas station (I think its a Conoco) on the corner of 287 (S College) and Prospect at 7-7:15 AM in Fort Collins.

Tim,

Its a Phillips 66 at the corner of S College and Prospect in FoCo. Let me know if you would prefer to meet there or on I-25

I just installed a lift on Julee's FJ :)

So I went camping up buckhorn this weekend, and I figured that I would put my front shaft back in for the night and just mess around up there...I got it back in (or I thought) then went to go down the road and I got some vibrations @ and above 10-15 mph so I just back right back into the garage and took it out, while taking it out I snapped one of the four U-joint retaining bolts, but I still got the driveshaft out but not the bolt. So Now I need to try and grab it and get it out or drill and tap it, then get a new bolt and try to put that shaft in again or else no go...cause 4406 4x4>AWD>partial 2WD

Hokie, the 66 sounds like a plan. will meet you there about 7.

Tim

Well my bud with the Rover dropped out, but we picked up a neighbor of his with a Jeep (bad part; the Rover had a winch :( , the good; Kevin's got a nice jeep :) ) .... We are going to have a LARGE group, I just hope the weather holds out :p:

Wyo guys; bring your cameras and mud gear :D

Jeff and or anyone from the Aurora area PM me and let me know if and when you want to meet up to caravan out :thumbsup:

Don't worry I am planning bringing my camera and maybe even my video camera.

Tim

allright 9 am Safeway in Conifer :) See you guys there! We will be in a yellow FJ and a blue BII hehehe

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So I tried to get that broken bolt out of the front yoke and it does not want to budge at all...I tried heating the surronding yoke and going at this bolt with 14" Channel Locks and even with the extra leaverage it just bite into the bolt and deformed the 1/4"-3/8" of the bolt that is sticking out...sprayed wd-40, pb blaster from both the front and back side...I have drill bits to drill into the bolt but I don't have an reversed bit to extract it and now it is 11:00 O'clock and no places in the small town of johnstown are open past 7:00

I am going to get this SOB out soon and my old front driveshaft will never go back in, it is nothing but the new driveshaft and the 4406...but I still neeed to make sure that this comes out ok so when it does come time the new one will not be a pain

Back