Slaughterhouse Gulch, Saturday 10/13 | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Slaughterhouse Gulch, Saturday 10/13

Great run today guys (Chuck, the guy in the Ranger, yeah...) had a blast. Great to wheel with you all. Great group!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Today was awesome. Pics coming as soon as I can get them from the camera to the computer and uploaded. It was great meeting new people and I was impressed with the 11 vehicles we had that we didn't have any problems or carnage.

: ( ...... Today I wore my Serious Explorations Tee wishing that I was down there, can't wait to see some pics
Glad to here that everything went great

Today was awesome... thanks guys for a great day of wheelin :thumbsup: It was a little more difficult than I remembered (as a passenger 2 years back), but enough to keep you on your toes... with some spots where you might just have to drop the hammer for the momentum to roll up some loose undulating spots :p:

Judicious use of the throttle is always a crowd pleaser, and Slaughterhouse was a great trail for 'super-stock' type trucks.

We ended up having:

2 Bronco II's
2 Rangers
2 4-door Ex's
2 Jeep Wranglers
1 FJ Cruiser
1 Mounty
1 Sport Trac

We had a pretty interesting group... with some really nice rigs to see in action :thumbsup: We'll have to do it again for early spring. I'd like to do an early spring run in the Leadville area, maybe I can enlist ProjectAviator's help and plan a Spring run to say; McCalister Gulch, Ptarmigan, Mosquito Pass and/or some others (like the one some of us 2 years back?!) ;)

Had a great time! Nice to meet you guys. Hope to do a run again soon.
Rich (White Ranger)

:chug:

Heck yes!

The BII has:
front end issues still, something splined is loading up then slipping
Is apparent in 4x4 low and high, with one or both hubs locked, locker engaged or not. I am going to check my slip yoke pieces again for wear

Trans/t case issue. Before Moab 07 I installed a new T case I got from a friend, my 1354 was tired. Ever since I have had issues with the truck in low range slipping into neutral...

jack stand time!

Great run, great group! Cant wait to do it again!
pictures coming later....

Julee's FJ did awesome!!

Pictures!!!

Here are some of my favorites. You can find the entirety of my photos here... http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/bb175/flyboycoe/Slaughterhouse Gulch/

DSC00922.jpg

DSC00928.jpg

DSC00933.jpg

DSC00941.jpg

DSC00949.jpg

DSC00950.jpg

DSC00956.jpg

DSC00962.jpg

DSC00966.jpg

DSC00969.jpg

DSC00974.jpg

DSC00977.jpg

DSC00979.jpg

DSC00984.jpg

DSC00988.jpg

Douglas, I am alway willing to help. just let me know.

Tim

ahhh how fun!!!! i definitely won't miss next time :)

Nice Pictures! Thanks again for making up with for my not having one ;)

We'll have to make it a yearly day run, it's too close not to run at least once a year :thumbsup:

Nice Pictures! Thanks again for making up with for my not having one ;)

We'll have to make it a yearly day run, it's too close not to run at least once a year :thumbsup:

I'm always game Doug!!!

Still find it funny that at least 4 of us on this one live within a 3 mile radius of each other!!!

We'll have to do it again for early spring.

I am totally down. Keep me posted. That was practically in my backyard! Looks like a cool trail.

I will say i really enjoyed wheeling with you guys. I haven't been on this forum too much, spend most of my time on rmftc.com and ranger-forums.com, but wheeling with you all may have brought me over here! I'm always game to run with you guys, that is if you don't mind a Ranger or 2 coming along!!!

I'm always game to run with you guys, that is if you don't mind a Ranger or 2 coming along!!!

Anytime man.... as you'll see there are plenty of Rangers here as well (not to mention the Ranger is always well represented at the yearly Moab and TDS runs ;) :thumbsup:

Anytime man.... as you'll see there are plenty of Rangers here as well (not to mention the Ranger is always well represented at the yearly Moab and TDS runs ;) :thumbsup:

Let me know when you guys are planning to hit Moab, and I'll work my schedule to join you!

Chuck you're always welcome to come wheelin with us. Thanks for leading the run.

Chuck you're always welcome to come wheelin with us. Thanks for leading the run.

Not a problem! It was my pleasure, thank you again Brett and Doug for throwing it together!

Success!!!! Look at the smile! (Thanks for the pic Jeff)

DSC00933.jpg

Emily had a blast! (As did I)

Can't wait to do it again, I'll post pics when I get a chance to resize (didn't get back until this evening ~ we got snowed in at Breckenridge last night)

we got snowed in at Breckenridge last night

Awesome. That means snowboarding season is upon us!

Glad Emily had a good time. We need to go wheelin more often.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You guys did give me inspiration, and I've been doing a lot of research on doing a 5.0L swap in the Ranger.

Brett, glad to see ya made it home safe! Had a blast, hope to wheel with you soon!

Back