• Register Today It's free!

Sliders

91ROKKRAWLER

Reaction score
City, State
Bend, OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Xploder
I've been quite busy lately armoring my truck up. So without further ado... Here are the beginning of my sliders.

Mock up with fenders hanging still.
100_1950.jpg

100_1951.jpg

100_1952.jpg

Passenger side on and ready to be end capped, grinded.

100_1953.jpg

100_1955.jpg

Passenger rear mount, Not the prettiest weld but talk about penetration... there are burn marks on the inside of the frame...

100_1954.jpg

Looking down the side, gonna be useful for door protection, and steps...

100_1958.jpg

100_1959.jpg

100_1960.jpg

Floppy Fender fix, welded in a 1 1/2"x1" T bracket to the body with a nut welded to it.

100_1957.jpg

100_1956.jpg

These hold me (140lbs) and my father in law (260lbs) standing on it and also jumping on it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They look good what are the specs on the tubing.

The supports are 2x2 1/4" wall and the sliders are 2x3 3/16" wall

Did you cut your rockers right off? I got the dog leg rust at the rear and was thinking of just cutting everything off flush with the underside of the body... like the pinch seam and everything and then welding some thinner wall 2x2 square tubing in it's place then making my sliders. then the sliders could contact that tubing if stuff happened to flex a lot... instead of contacting sheet metal.

After looking at yours, maybe I should just cut the rockers off and build my sliders up close to the body... is that what you did, can't tell for sure from the pics.

Nevermind... found the cut rockers thread like 6 threads down... guess I wasn't really looking that hard...:rolleyes:

Back