• Register Today It's free!

sliding cloth sunroof question

davebar

Reaction score
City, State
Kirtland, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport
I have an 01 sport that we were thinking about selling and getting a (dare I say it) Jeep. Only want the Jeep to get the open air affect when wheeling. However, I recall seeing those large cloth sliding sunroofs. For around 500bucks, you can get a kit with everything needed. Lots of sizes. I figure Id go right behind to the rear seat to about 4 inches in front of windshield.

My concern is that is removing alot of material in the roof. Would I need to build a cage? We just trail ride and mud with it.

Thanks in advance....

If it's gonna be just a wheelin' rig I'd say go for it but if daily driver and not garaged you don't want those. A couple members in my Custom Truck Club have tham and they do leak occasionally and aren't air tight. Our member Jay took his off, cut a roof off a FourRunner that had a huge factory power moonrof and welded it to the roof of his Dodge Ram. You can see pictures of before and after here: www.d2ecustoms.com
Mine are the Red '87 GMC Sonoma with silver flames and the lifted '03 Sport Trac, we have to update all the pictures still because alot of our vehicles have been modified alot more since.

Back