slight dilemna | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

slight dilemna

Here's the problem. I'm currently running 30x9.50's on my stock rims. I want to get the awesome looking M/T classic II's in 15x8 or 15x10. In the future i want to go bigger in the tire size up to 32's or 33's when these tires where out. Here's the dilemna....the 30's still have plenty of life left on them and i am low on funds at the moment and don't want to buy new tires until i have to. the 15x10's would be the optimal decision for wider tires but you can't run 9.50's on a 10" rim so what am I to do? How wide a tire would it be safe to run on a 8" rim?

Originally posted by nkexplrr
Here's the problem. I'm currently running 30x9.50's on my stock rims. I want to get the awesome looking M/T classic II's in 15x8 or 15x10. In the future i want to go bigger in the tire size up to 32's or 33's when these tires where out. Here's the dilemna....the 30's still have plenty of life left on them and i am low on funds at the moment and don't want to buy new tires until i have to. the 15x10's would be the optimal decision for wider tires but you can't run 9.50's on a 10" rim so what am I to do? How wide a tire would it be safe to run on a 8" rim?

you could run a 33x1250 without a problem on a 15x8 rim

also, with a 15x10 your tires would stick out pretty darn far, you would have to do some good trimming.

I think it would be better to run 30/9.50 on a 15x8 rather than an 15x10.

yeah i don't think you can run a wider rim than the tire you have i think i answered my own question in the post.

Back