Slightly lowered

IAmTodd

4x Explorer Veteran
Reaction score
City, State
Johnstown, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Jeep
Took the torsion bar bolts out tonite. Took me less than 15 minutes to do it. Got 2 inches in the front. Perfect! Trimmed half of the bump stops off. Probably will go up .5-1 inch because I have around .5" of suspension travel. Is that normal? As far as alignment goes, will I have any problems with it getting done? Seems to be slightly off now, but nothing extremely bad. Seemed like they were slightly like this when I had it at stock height \ / and have obviously gone the opposite way. I'm going to run this a few days to see how I like it, and then get it aligned after that. Only did the front, the rear was already atleast an inch lower than the front. Which it now has a nice rake to it that I really like. NOW onto the pics! :D

9765DSC01105.jpg

9765DSC01106.jpg

9765DSC01107.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Something needs to be done with the Daylighters, I agree. I would like to flush mount them in the upper grille. And the blue lights will be gone, tonite, if not tomorrow.

give me the daylighters for free

Or I'll paypal you $5 for the daylighters right now. :D

Looks really good man! Much better with it lowered. The alignment doesn't really look like it's much off though. Hopefully it can be adjusted with the kit that is already in it and you don't have to buy another.

EDIT: Time to change the avitar again ;)

ahah everyone's crampin ur style about the daylighters BEE!

I think it looks good with them but thats just my opinion. i would lose the bug guard tho.

Man, that looks fantastic! And I'll throw another "Do something with the Daylighters" on to the pile. I will also say that the Windjammer painted white looks really slick!

As of right now, the Daylighters are going nowhere. Well, unless someone will give me $120 for them, or trade for some type of KC or Hella Slim Lites.

Its really weird to walk in front of it with the hood being so low. I don't know if I can handle it ;) Just realized the Keypad really sticks out! Need to get that painted ;)

IAmTodd said:
As of right now, the Daylighters are going nowhere. Well, unless someone will give me $120 for them, or trade for some type of KC or Hella Slim Lites.

The slim lites would probably look better, more rally style than offroad looking.

ive been reading about this tt lowering/lifting for a while, is it really as easy as loosening or tightening the tt bolts? and did you lower your back end or is that stock height, because i like that rake that it has. and also what kind of rims/tires are they, they look sweet on your ex.

IAmTodd said:

Hmm, I have some KC slim lights with 100W bulbs and driving lenses (use 'em with my high beams)

Which Daylighters do you have? (They have a couple wattage ratings)

Lowering the front was just removing the two torsion bar adjuster bolts. That gave me 2 inches perfect. Which did set the front down on the bump stops. I first measured all corners on the truck at "stock" height. That showed that the rear was about and inch lower. So right now, from "stock" height, I'm 2 inches in the front, 1 inch in the rear.

The wheels are 18X9 Saleen Replicas with 255/55R18 Yokohama AVS S/T tires.

thank you because i cant make up my mind if i want to lower my ex like yours or lift it about 2" and put bigger tires on it. this helps lean me towards sport. thanks.

Hokie said:
Are those hydroxy's old wheels/tires?

Yup :)

The Daylighters are the 100watters too.

EDIT- The one lense is cracked, but I have a replacement for it, so you can have both.

it looks awesome todd, now all u need is that EE supercharger to slam the rear end down when u hit the gas....start saving ur pennys...lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow, the Marshmellow's really coming along fast, lol. The drop looks good, Toddster. I'd lower the rear a little just to keep the added stress off the front suspension and get me a white bugshield, IMHO.

Ain't nuffin wrong with lights on the bumper, but slimmer ones probably would look better ;)

Attachments

• carlisle 03.jpg
    carlisle 03.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 595

Back