• Register Today It's free!

Slip on dog leg and rocker panels

Blueraven

Reaction score
City, State
Omaha, NE
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XL 2D
Can anyone tell me if LMC's rocker panels (P/N 50-9808 (LH), 50-9809 (RH)) and the doglegs are slip-ons? I've read that the dog legs are only available for the 4 dr but they can be modified to fit the 2 dr.

Thanks,

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You are going to have to make the dog legs. No one makes them. The 4 doors are totally different. I made mine with several pieces of metal, and the help of bondo.

when i did my truck, i used a four door rocker, plus the bottom of the rear door. i cut the front part of the rocker so i had the lip for the wheel well, then welded the bottom part of the door onto the rocker panel.

Interesting way to do it. Regardless, you have to get creative with it. I used 2 door slip over rockers, and made my own inner rocker with a measured/pre cut galvanized piece. I didn't have that massive of a chunk missing from the dogleg so I opted for getting galvanized steel,and I cut and shaped it, and riveted it in place.

witch side is the driverside? ''LH'' or "RH"?

Back