• Register Today It's free!

Smashy Smashy...

Explorer_XL

Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Explorer
Ok..I put up a post a little while ago about how my sis was getting my mom's explorer since my mom got a new truck..Maybe some of you remember the picture I put up.

The two trucks together back in January.
getfile.php

Ok. I guess we've just been having a bad day, this morning I woke up to see my Taurus brocken into, and the radio stolen, brocken window.

**edit.. the jeep down the street (in the middle), it was brocken into also, they were unable to get the radio out of it so they stole everything inside.

And then later around 6:30pm as I'm getting a ride down to my ASL Class my gets a call and speeds off to see my sis.. When I get home I go down with her, she says someone backed into the front middle of the Explorer. Hit and Run. And on top of that we just got new insurance so my Taurus and the Explorer aren't covered for my window and radio; and the Explorer's (by my estimate) 3-4K of damage.

getfile.php

Larger picture:: http://www.supermotors.org/getfile.php?id=124973&filename=DSC03115.JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

dreamr said:
Did it punch a hole in your radiator?

It bent the radiator and the cooler in front of it.. There is even a bunch of oil all over the front, grill, etc. not quite sure where it came from... We havn't even opened the hood yet, the police were called though and the store owner (from the place the guy came out of moments before the accident) refused to give over any information about the guy who ran.

..And you can't see in the picture but the hood is pushed back 6-7 inches- the whole thing, and the LH side is pushed up another 6-7 inches, and the RH fender is rippled, I'm going to get more pictures tomorrow during the daylight. and the bumper and panel above it are seriosly smashed and bent, mostly showing on the sides, but in the picture you can see where that panel was hit...

(I'll be visiting this forum for another week before I retreat back to the Taurus forums.)

If it has AC...it probaby broke open the AC condenser on the fron of the rad....Thats bad news.

True on the AC and if there is "some kind of oil" on the grill and bumper stuff, it ruptured the tranny cooler too. Sorry to hear about your loss.

I know its not funny in any respect, but it reminds me of the commercial on TV lately where the guy keeps getting screwed over by Murphy's Law.

If worse comes to worse and INS wont cover any damage, just replace the tranny cooler and inspect the radiator for damage and clearance to the clutch fan. You can bungie the hood till you have the time or funds to replace it and other front end panels.

Well.. My mom is unappreciative of my actions for the documentation, so I'm not going to help anymore. .. If anyone needs me I'll be over on the Taurus forums.. (www.taurusclub.com/forum) my Forum name is "sho continental"

Back