It's Always Something!
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
MO MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 & 95 XLT's
It's time to start planning for SMORR 2010.

Smorr is located in Southwest MO. Home Page - SMORR
Over 900 acres, and 75 miles of trails rated from 1 to 5. The park has very nice amenities, including modern bathrooms/showers, great food-Bfast/lunch/dinner.

This years meet needs to happen around the end of June, early July. The forum has a couple of other meets happening this Year, Spring-Moab in May/Summer-Uwharrie end of July??-(to be determined)/Fall-CCR in Sept, so for the best turnout, and no competing with those meets, this time frame is our option for maximum participation.

Discussion has slowed to a nil. The date has been set by popular vote.
July 16-17-18 is the date for SMORR.

These are the the narrowed down dates we chose from:

June 25, 26, & 27th
Voted:
Elassar65
V8powerbaby

July 16, 17, & 18th
Voted:
Scotty J.
bronco2guy
jakebrake
chad551

Either dates:
dislexiclawyer
dkchrist
pwhiteelec05
jenren81
kert0307
88comingup

If wanted, we will book a band again for the Saturday night BBQ, followed by a night run. Yes/No?

Camping is primitive or full power (220) for R/V sites. Dump station/fresh water at the park.

We had 17 rigs and around 35-40 people for last years meet. I am hoping to see those numbers increase, with this years meet.

Any other ideas? Just submit them here for review.

IDEAS SUBMITTED
Bonfire for all
Runs with trails & times
Group 1> Lifted / locked / Good size meats on the wheels
Group 2> Stock or Slightly modified w/min of A/T or MT tires (a must for this park)
Timed events such as group photo/door prizes/BBQ dinner/Night run etc...
Must be present to pick a door prize at time of drawing :)
Door prize would be: everyone bring an item, and we draw #'s. Have all prizes laid out, and when your # is called,
you simply pick one from the pile. This way we will make sure there is enough for all. Say $10-$25/item range. Yes/No?

Last years outing:Return from SMORR
Smorr the movie:

DSCF2685.jpg
DSCF4112.jpg
DSCF2700.jpg
100_1367.jpg
100_1354.jpg
100b2980.jpg
P5300436.jpg
352.jpg
386.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Put me down for going, SMORR is a cant miss and have to hit offroad park.
Top Notch in my book.

i am a maybe, if i can get the time from work, i guess that depends on the dates,

That's great you guys are wanting to go but, this is just the discussion thread. If you have any ideas on how to improve on last years event, or want to do something different, here is the place to say it. Just throw your ideas out there, anything, it don't matter.

all of last years event rocked, it was great,
can't think of much that i would change.

Ok, there does need to be a definite date set. Also, there should be no hard feelings about the conflict with other meetings which occur at the same time if this is the case--ok?

The SMORR staff is great, and gman put together quite a show last year. It would be setting quite a level of achievement to expect the same this year.
In fact he did so well organizing it I want no part of it. :D

I would love to make this event. However, we are already trying to squeeze in a trip up to canada eh to see Corkey, and another back East to see my daughter and her fiance-maybe take them on a wheeling outing out there.

July is when Sheri gets vacation, and so that is when we can make a long trip away. another end of august to go see Pete maybe --

So, if you are asking for votes on Smorr I have to say around June, or wait until September. Actually, September might not be too bad of an idea as the temps will be nicer-

As far as events go they were great. I'd would rather see it happening earlier do to heat and the other runs. i guess I could just play in the water even more to cool off.

Either one (July or September) is fine with me. The only difference is if its during the school year it will just be a 2 day affair vs being able to travel Thursday and wheel Friday, Saturday, and most of Sunday. But like I said, whenever it is I plan on attending.

Big bonfire!
Planned trail runs start times, idea of what trails we will be hitting, for sure in under 33s and 33s and up.
Planned time for group photos.
More chicks:) j/k but
more people, more trucks.

Either one (July or September) is fine with me. The only difference is if its during the school year it will just be a 2 day affair vs being able to travel Thursday and wheel Friday, Saturday, and most of Sunday. But like I said, whenever it is I plan on attending.
You can travel on Thursday, stay overnight in Springfield, and arrive early Friday morning. Quite a few of us did that last year.

Big bonfire!
Planned trail runs start times, idea of what trails we will be hitting, for sure in under 33s and 33s and up.
Planned time for group photos.
More chicks:) j/k but
more people, more trucks.

I added a "Ideas Submitted" to the first post. I like all these ideas :thumbsup:

Ok, after this weekends day run Gman and I did, I will definatley have some good trail loop ideas, I have a great one planned for night run and as long as its dry, have 31s and lets say limited slip, we can go for couple hours with no hang ups, will have long creek section then couple rocky loops.

Good sized meats? like 33s and above I am guessing. :( I wanna play with the big kids, lol.

oooh this would be great! thanks for the heads up... if i know far enough in advance, i can do pretty much any weekend. UNLESS it's the same weekend as my 10 yr high school reunion (ughhh! haha) but it sounds like a good time for sure!

I'm going to keep an eye on this, B2 probably won't be done, but I could always use the sport. I probably cant do anything in the first couple weeks in July.

Good sized meats? like 33s and above I am guessing. :( I wanna play with the big kids, lol.

33" or bigger for most trails 3 & up. Now if you have the clearance, 31" will get you pretty far here. There is over 75 miles of trails to enjoy. So there is something for everyone.

oooh this would be great! thanks for the heads up... if i know far enough in advance, i can do pretty much any weekend. UNLESS it's the same weekend as my 10 yr high school reunion (ughhh! haha) but it sounds like a good time for sure!
Come on down, I promise you wont regret it. Hope you can make it :)
I'm going to keep an eye on this, B2 probably won't be done, but I could always use the sport. I probably cant do anything in the first couple weeks in July.
Iowa is not that far from Smorr. Bring whatever 4x4 you got, & plan on having a great time:thumbsup:

Im also looking for a set date for this, my birthday is at the end of june and this would be a good celebration, I would love to come on down!

33" or bigger for most trails 3 & up. Now if you have the clearance, 31" will get you pretty far here. There is over 75 miles of trails to enjoy. So there is something for everyone.

Well I'm locked on 32s, you've seen my truck. You guys would be constantly stopping to unstick me, lol.

If I come, y'all have to promise to come to my hood next year! MY HOOD F43 is "The Ranger Killer" LMAO!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I vote we dont have it the last weekend in June, I have to go to Wisconsin,

So how about June 11/12/12 ??, which there is an event scheduled that weekend called Crawl for Christ, so should plenty of other offroaders to watch getting crazy but not to wild of a crowd- side note we dont have to be part of there event.

Or other good dates

July 23,24/25 - -No events scheduled at the Ranch
August 6,7,8th -No events scheduled at Ranch

or

Back