SMORR 2011....Official thread | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SMORR 2011....Official thread

Haha, I didn't even think about phillip playing in the races, if he does he will slaughter poor Dave :D

Not worried since he will probably end up in another sippi hole like the last time.:p:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I believe mine will be in 4wd if vs AWD :)

I feel like the explorer gods are cursing the rangers, first jasons now mine blew the transmission on saturday,a manual will be getting swapped in but not in time for smorr, if I can find 2 33s for the explorer it might make an apperance.

I feel like the explorer gods are cursing the rangers, first jasons now mine blew the transmission on saturday,a manual will be getting swapped in but not in time for smorr, if I can find 2 33s for the explorer it might make an apperance.

Levi I have 3 you can have if you want them. One would make a good spair the other 2 are ok?? all are bfgs. If its not to muddy I think they would work ok for free!!:salute:

I might have a 33x12.5 here as well. Not mounted but it can be done in Seymour or we can do the ole redneck mounting with a prybar & a can of ether...lol

I have a short list of things to finish still before we go.

1-build a set of leaf packs with F-150 springs ...Done! :D
2-change the rear dif, & trans fluids
3-find $$ for a winch..:(

I might have a 33x12.5 here as well. Not mounted but it can be done in Seymour or we can do the ole redneck mounting with a prybar & a can of ether...lol

I have a short list of things to finish still before we go.

1-build a set of leaf packs with F-150 springs & move the axle back a bit
2-change the rear dif, & trans fluids
3-find $$ for a winch..:(

Greg let me know where you find the $$ for the winch. Because I want to look there as well for the $$ for set of street tires for our rig!! LOL!!:p:

I'll be more then happy to let you use our winch any time! As long as I can get passed you or turned around.:p::p:

And that offer is good for anyone!!:D

Mark, I planted a money tree last fall, still waiting for it to sprout some fresh hundos. Right now it's just a leafy plant. The guy at the farmers market that sold it to me said, "Just plant it, water it, and by springtime, you will have all the spinach you can handle". I did think it odd a farmer selling seeds, was selling money trees, I mean, why not just plant them himself? :scratch:

The time is getting near!! LOL I will be in North Carolina next week, so I think my mod list is just over it will be showing up how it is...

10 days left!

I do believe we peaked as far as the attending list is concerned. I don't believe we have enough signed up for the entertainment on Saturday night. So, looks like we will just have one massive bonfire and a good night run.

I managed to get most things done to the rig that I wanted to for this year, and I can't wait to see all you guys again, and meet some new faces! :D

Yeah....I don't think I can make it at this point due to the rear end issue :/ hope y'all have fun...

Mark and Greg thanks for the offers about the tires but I'm pretty sure I'm out, going to use the money I saved for smorr is going to get used on fixing my ranger.

Side note the explorer has wheelable tires on it right now jacked the 35s from the ranger since its not moving.

Mark and Greg thanks for the offers about the tires but I'm pretty sure I'm out, going to use the money I saved for smorr is going to get used on fixing my ranger.

Side note the explorer has wheelable tires on it right now jacked the 35s from the ranger since its not moving.

Maybe hitch a ride with one of the KS guys and you can spot for us. Still a fun time regardless.

Hope to see ya if you can swing it.

I'm all ready to tear up the 4's and 5's

2ace49b8.jpg

Add another maybe to the list. I'm gonna try and convoy in with Hitchhikingmike.

Anybody need a heavy weight for ballast? :D

YIPPIE!!!!!!!!!
I just quit my miserable job today and will have 2 weeks of much needed vacation before starting my new job.. So I have all week to work on the truck and fix some things that I have been putting off for a long time. Also my son has a baseball game Friday evening how late is the park open? I wanted to drive down Friday night and camp with all my fellow offroaders..

I am going to try and make it, but I don't know. The Ranger is not wheelable (it moves under its own power now though). I'll bring the X if I come, maybe do a couple easy trails, and mostly ride along and hang out with everyone. Its kind of up in the air now.

Just heard from the real estate agent, and we got the house! So I am super stoked about that. Have to see what happens with all the paperwork and inspections and what-not. That is obviously going to be priority 1 as far as time and money goes.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

YIPPIE!!!!!!!!!
I just quit my miserable job today and will have 2 weeks of much needed vacation before starting my new job.. So I have all week to work on the truck and fix some things that I have been putting off for a long time. Also my son has a baseball game Friday evening how late is the park open? I wanted to drive down Friday night and camp with all my fellow offroaders..
Come on down as late as you need to, the office should be open until midnight or so. If they are closed, come to the campground area and look for our rigs, set up camp, and take care of the fees in the AM.

Go past the gate house/office and about 1000 ft on your right is the primitive campground road. If your wanting a power site, you need to be there before they close the office, to make sure a spot you choose is not reserved. That entrance to the powered site is directly across the main road of the office.

Back