Smorr 2014 october 10-11-12! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Smorr 2014 october 10-11-12!

It's coming up quick! I'm doing everything I can to make it to this run. I'm planning on bringing my two oldest kids, 12 & 13. I've got some minor things to wrap up on the explorer, and then go over the F350 and trailer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's coming up quick! I'm doing everything I can to make it to this run. I'm planning on bringing my two oldest kids, 12 & 13. I've got some minor things to wrap up on the explorer, and then go over the F350 and trailer.

Kids are going to have a blast at this park! :thumbsup:

Awesome, I'm glad to hear that!

Getting closer, weather starting to cool down, o I can't wait for some camping in the cool weather and playing in the rocks..

Big bonfire and cool nights are perfect together. :thumbsup:

Thinking we should each bring a tent heater & tarps for covering them. It's already dropping down to the low 50's overnight. Might be in the high 30's, low 40's by next month. :dunno:

Oh, and something to separate the air mattress off the cold ground. ;)

Edit:
5 days later.... The low tonight will be 40*!! :eek:
Power camp sites are available to run an electric heater, if that's what you have already. Just have to call in advance to reserve the site. Tell them your with Serious Explorations for the Ford Invasion so they keep us grouped up. We like to stay on the tree line by the primitive camping area. :)

I got the days off approved by my boss, as long as finances work out, I'll be there!

Guys......

Guys.................

Guys............................

I hate to announce but I will not be able to attend this year. I just moved jobs and will not have time to get the F250 fixed for the trip. I will wheel with you online!

I'm still planning on coming, same with my friends.

Watching the days wind down, the more excited about this trip I get. Just getting out camping, bonfire and bsing will make me happy, throw it the rocks and we got it made.

anyone have any more friends to round up.

Did anyone reserve camp site? I just plan on tent over by the trees where we usually park.

056-1.jpg

previous Smorr bonfire

Still unknown. Depends on budget and time. Might try to make it just sat and sun.

Sent from my H866C using Forum Runner

I have another friend from St. Joseph with 4dr JK jeep that is gunna try to go also.

It's october! Time to deal with the last minute bs.... For me it's a new electric fan. See you in 9 days!

[MENTION=87244]gmanpaint[/MENTION] we got camp site 32 :thumbsup:

Forecast I found was 50's at night high 70's for daytime. But just in case, I am bringing an electric mattress pad. :thumbsup:

And a space heater.

I am going to go light on spare parts and tools though, as my ribs are still jabbing me when I hit bumps in the road. We will probably be taking it very easy on our truck . We'll see how it goes.

Guys......

Guys.................

Guys............................

I hate to announce but I will not be able to attend this year. I just moved jobs and will not have time to get the F250 fixed for the trip. I will wheel with you online!

ummm. read your first post. I think your excuse is a little weak :(

Site #32 , Rodger that. :thumbsup:

I did find my propane camping heater. I have an electric heater as well. If it will be in the 50's, I won't be bringing the big bulky kerosene heater and 5 gal fuel can for it.

Jon, Sams club is selling these nice black covered gel cushions for the seat. Think they are $20 ea. :D

As far as the last minute BS prep work Jake mentioned....

The 95 is going as I just couldn't get the funds needed for the sliders, gears, and locker installed. So I have been prepping the 95 for this. Tags expired 2 days ago, INS expired same time, so I had to get all that taken care of. Passed the inspection, and got it's window sticker. Engine has a busted injector connector, so have to repair that. Roof rack has been disassembled, repainted, new mounts made for the Hi-lift & tire, just need to get the back up lights on it. Other than that, it's ready to rock.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back