Snap-on's going to loose a customer | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

Snap-on's going to loose a customer

Well I bought a impact gun yesturday from the snapon guy, which was suppose to be hear 2 weeks ago so I had to pay full price.

Well my other gun crapped out a month ago so I bought a new one, well iv had problems with it all day. First I wrapped off a cuple of motor mounts and tried switching sockets and couldnt get the thing off..I had to put the socket in a vice and hit the gun with a hammer and the snap ring on the end bent off so i replaced it wit my old gun. Then later on in the day the gun starts to act up, i go hit the trigger and only air comes out, i have to then turn the socket a cuple of turns then it wraps the bolts off.

Why is the gun doing this, I put lots of oil in the gun..it seems like theirs a sweet spot whear the gun just blow air out and doesnt catch nothing. But what sucks is that the snapon truck doesnt come for another 2 weeks, and he will be fixing it or replacing it, and might loose my business..I cant afford to be dicking around fixing crap thats new or buying new tools twice, tools are what make me money and if snap-ons crap isnt going to keep up then its time to switch to another brand....BTW, the gun is no cheap-O either

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sn0border88

Master Apprentice
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Souderton, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT
ok, well why dont you let the snap on guy have a chance to make things right. odd are he will give you a new gun. If you are familiar with snapons you know they are just about the best money can buy and have thousands of customers to back that up.

You probably just got a bad gun or something.

Yomie

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Biloxi, MS
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 Toyota
they are just about the best money can buy and have thousands of

I've had the same problems, i do not believe that they are the best tools you can buy, i've had better luck with my junk Craftsmans than with Snap-Ons. I switched to MATCO

skoal_mint

Reaction score
City, State
Geraldton ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 explorer sport 4.0
I hope thats the case, but if he dont have the parts or a new gun i will have to wait 4 weeks befor he makes things right..

But would anyone know what is making the gun to this? maybe it needs to be used some more befor its good

skoal_mint

Reaction score
City, State
Geraldton ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 explorer sport 4.0
Well I think I know what is needed to fix it, snap-on offers a kit, and the kit is for
"Symptoms indicating repair is needed include air motor spins but anvil does not turn, air motor spins and anvil turns but no impacting occurs, or tools stalls while impacting."

Mine is the gun stalls while impacting, so I hope he has the kit next time he comes down, pluse I still need to pay the guy, forgot my wallet

sn0border88

Master Apprentice
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Souderton, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT
why dont you just call him, snap on guys usually leave their personal cell numbers, they want you to call them.

skoal_mint

Reaction score
City, State
Geraldton ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 explorer sport 4.0
Yeah, my boss told me to call him, so that when he does come down next time he can have a chance to get a new gun or the kit, people say the he sends the gun out to be get rebuilt so i might just ask for a new one

colindo94

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Cameron Park, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
94' XLT
Matco is the way to go IMO.

Charlie

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Limited
I can't afford snap on, and I do not have a regular brand of tools. It's just whatever is cheap and looks good. Usually they work out fine, but there was the one time I sheared the 3/8" extender....

Flandry

Reaction score
City, State
Birmingham, AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Sport
I still like Craftsman tools. I know they can fail, but I've never experienced it personally. But I hate the way you have to be careful about buying them now, so you buy the real Craftsman tools and not the cheap crap Sears also labels Craftsman.

But Snap-on does offer a lot of specialized tools you just can't find elsewhere. And there's something appealing about using a Snap-on tool. Kind of like telling time on a Casio vs. a Rolex. Both do the job about equally well, but the experience feels different.