SNJ's Rig (full build progress thread) | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SNJ's Rig (full build progress thread)

Well if it runs this weekend you gotta come out next weekend for the junkyarding and wheeling event

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

it runnin this weekend wont have any effect on that as it hasnt been road legal in a few years. inspection is way expired.
whats the plan for next weekend? i know i gotta work the 10th, so id only be able to be out there for sun

the plan is dscussed better over at the club forum. Its all kinda in the air and depends on weather. sat or sunday (whichever is better) we gotta hit the junkyard. other than that we are doing some local wheeling and such

i know, i was bein to lazy to go check the other board whilst at work.
although were runnin out of work so now i gots some free time to kill

really havent touched this in about 3 months. guess its time for excuses. between work, school ive been rediculaously swamped. looks like imma start pickin a few days up at my old job again too.
the plan was to be runnin painted and inspected by the end of spring. just kinda dawned on me its almost june. so much for that one i guess
hey, less than a year to graduation atleast

I was just gonna ask for any update pic but guess not.

I understand with all the work and school.

Its Alive!!!!!

Finally got some work done today... ill just let the vid speak for itself
th_MVI_2572.jpg

Ps... the smoke is coming from all the stuff thats been sprayed and or leaked on the exhausts over time....

new power steering cooler:
IMG_2564.jpg

my fab skills are slowky getin better:
IMG_2569.jpg

and a preview of the paint itll be wearin someday:
IMG_2568.jpg

if i get a couple of things buttoned up i should be able to take it for a spin in the industrial area behind my apt tomorrow if all goes well. :D

Sooooo we'll see this at the next run at RC ? :D

Very nice Jay, keep it going man, I wanna see it in action soon.

looking good so far

I'm very disappointed that we didn't get a theatrical revision of the "It's aliiiiiiive" scene from Young Frankenstein :p: But it's running! And maybe even moving soon! And then... and then maybe it'll even be four wheelable!!

YAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce: I'm proud of you and it's not even my truck, lol.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: IT MOVES UNDER ITS OWN POWER!!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

IMG_2576.jpg

IMG_2575.jpg

IMG_2574.jpg

Yea i know im a camera *****, but i wanted to run it around for a bit to make sure nothing fell off. figured i might as well have some fun while at it. i was pulling over periodically yo make sure everything was ok anyway.

found one leak, coming from the right side of the trans pan, checked the bolts and were able to re tourque all of them so im hoping thats it.
one thing i did notice is that theres 2 caps on the right side of the of the trans. i should know what they are, but to be honest, i dont. (only trans ive ever rebuilt was a A0D and i dont recall it having them) the trans that used to be in the truck apeared to have silicone gasket stuff around them, this one does not. is that suposed to be there?

also fixed the low oil warning light, wasnt doin its self check when starting

i want to run a snorkle while i have the whole front end apart, rather than take the right side off again, so i think that and putin all the body work back oon is gonna be next weeks project

:chug:

to make sure nothing fell off...

So hows that working out for ya? Looks like you lost the grille, hood, both fenders, bumper....

:D

The covers are for servo's I believe. Though I dont acually know what the servos are, I know the one for low/reverse is inside in the vb, maybe those are for 2-3 3-4 gears?

So hows that working out for ya? Looks like you lost the grille, hood, both fenders, bumper....

:D

ive been around the ricers too much... weight reduction....

Alright, before anyone asks, this weekend is gonna be a wash, i was gonna put the front end on, but i gotta work tomorow, and sunday were goin to hudson state.

like ive sid before my main enemy in this is time

stupid god danm mother####ing piece of sheep ####ing ****

she leaks... like a sive.... *****....
IMG_2916.jpg

started its own thread on that one over HERE

oh well

i didnt get that much done today, kept runnin into stupid problems this moring, so i didnt get to finish the task that was on the agenda for the day, but ill give you a preview...
IMG_2925.jpg

SOMEBODY STOLE MY ####ING TRUCK!!!!!!!!

No, not the good one thank god, but my 94 is well..... gone
atleast i had striped it down for the most part before i left it where it was, but it still was arolling shell, and it still was mine.

i ####ing hate people

atleast its one less thing to worry about i guess....

Wait, the white one pictured above?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What the hell...?! Are you sure the city didn't remove it for being an untitled, unregistered eye sore? Not trying to be mean or anything. I've gotten threats from neighbors who wanted to destroy Tank and complained to the township about "the big ugly truck" in their parking lot :rolleyes:

Who on earth would want to steal a completely stripped Explorer that doesn't even run?

Back