• Register Today It's free!

Snow-nami!

leftoverture

Reaction score
City, State
Birdtown, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 Miata SE BRG #1837
Sure glad I have the Ex today. 10" so far and still coming down.

120912.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I love not living in a snow area. :)

just a trace,:D:D:D

go have fun in it, before it's gone,

man I miss living in snow country! enjoy!

Any pictures of said Ex playing in the powder?

No...pretty hard to photograph myself while driving. Haha. But I did have zero problems getting around while others were slip-sliding away. Like the Chrysler minivan that spun right around in front of me.

man I miss living in snow country! enjoy!

Trade ya. I freakin hate winter. Why I still live here I just don't know....

..Since your location isn't under your name, where is this thing you call snow?

yeah, where is this snow ???

I live in Canada and barely have 6 centimeters on the ground as we speak, and no sizable falls in the forecast for the next week or so , just a few centimeters here and there,,

Man I miss snow. Driving and snowboarding are the 2 best things to do in it lol. I was walking around in shorts and flip flops because it was 75 on campus today... Can someone confirm it really is December for me?

..Since your location isn't under your name, where is this thing you call snow?

Oops, I fixed that. Bloomington, Minnesnowta.

Man I miss snow. Driving and snowboarding are the 2 best things to do in it lol. I was walking around in shorts and flip flops because it was 75 on campus today... Can someone confirm it really is December for me?

You can have it. Driving to work this morning will be a lesson in patience and I can only hope some skittish driver doesn't crash into me. And yes, it's December. I should probably do some Christmas shopping about now....

Forget the X take the snowmobile out!

Picture2272.jpg

Only got 3 or 4 in Bemidji (a bit north of Minneapolis). But, I start work before the plows come out. I drove a car for my first 10 years here, was never quite sure if I would make it to work. I got the Exp in the dead of winter a few years ago, was amazed how easily it started in sub-zero. Added remote start, seat warmer, and new tires. I lock the hubs if I hear a storm is coming. Hit the remote start in the morning, and it's like driving in summertime.

I don't know if anyone else heard this story... Sad and a lesson to new 4x4 owners. A couple were traveling in the Calif sub-sierra mountains, guy had a new Cherokee, so he decides to test it by driving around a closed forestry road gate, gets hopelessly stuck in the snow. No cell signal. He tries to walk out for help, dies of exposure. She ends up hiding in a hollow tree eating a bag of tomatoes. She eventually tries to walk out too. Her brother is in a search party driving a front end loader because of the traction. He thought they might be up the road because they used to camp there. He finds her, crawling through the snow. She ends up surviving with minor frostbite.

Deadly mistakes. Drive safe everyone.

I need to move. I was working on the Explorer Saturday with the garage doors open in a tshirt. I hate this kind of weather in December after a bought a 4x4.

Enjoy it!

Oops, I fixed that. Bloomington, Minnesnowta.

I was reading this thread, I turned to my wife and said "Wow, they got 10" of snow."

She asked "where?"

I replied "I have no clue, the original poster didnt say."

Her response "WTF is the point then?"

SO... Thank you for giving this thread a point.

Forget the X take the snowmobile out!

I used to have snowmobiles, but when I own snowmobiles it doesn't snow. So I gave up on the sport. Haha.

We got a whopping 2" (maybe) over the weekend. And it was only 2" on my back deck that's on the north side of the house. My driveway that's on the south side didn't even collect any snow. The streets were a little icy, but my Explorer never even got started- just drove the VUE (it has snow tires).

It wsa 60 degrees last week. It's 10 and windy now.

Back