Snow Pics | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Snow Pics

Last one I promise! This was taken in the greatest doughnut lot EVER. There were about 18 inches of snow on top of a thick layer of ice... I just wish I had a video camera because my AWD actually HELPED in drifting and doughnuts compared to my friends 2WD Cherokee...

Attachments

• misty 2.jpg
    misty 2.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 872

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by SteveVB
Hey Peter, how does the explorer do pushing the snow? Do you use that on anything more than a driveway?

Just curious- friend of mine has talked me into putting a plow on my pickiup to sub for him this winter, and am curious about all things snow removal now:D

Steve it plows great! I have crappy31's on it and it took it with no problems last year. i only got to do like 3 storms but they were all heavy wet snow. each storm was like 6+ inches. no problems for the X. Didn't even need 4x4 low on. pushed like a champ. need new tires now though so i will have better grip in the snow. If you are going to plow get a Fisher and do it right. I have air bags in mine to help support the weight. It is a minute mount so i take it off when i am not using it. I used it on my driveway (150 feet) my in-laws driveway (150 feet and wide!) and my friends down the street. It eats the gas but does it with no problems.

Originally posted by GenLee01
Steve it plows great! I have crappy31's on it and it took it with no problems last year.

Im glad to hear it, I wont be plowing with my Navajo, but my truck, and using a 7.5" Meyer Plow with some timbrens(aux springs) in the front I believe. The guy Im going to work for has about 20 Meyer's so if anything happens I may be able to find a spare. Ill be subbing on commercial lots.
What is it about the Fishers you like? Everyone bad mouths the Meyer, but I had one for 10 years with few if any problems.
You might find www.plowsite.com interesting-tons of great info on snow removal and equipment. .

Huh well the only snow pics I could find were of my stock 93 Sport b4 I started doing mods to it.

9485sport1a.jpg

Driving down the Alcan Hwy with 31's on then

9485codyl.jpg

Sittin behind Big Brother waiting to get 2" suspension lift and 32's

9485bluesilver.jpg

You can see I have been trying to peel off the graphics back by the rear wheel. But this is what it looks like now except that it is getting the lift and tires put on.

9485blue1.jpg

Originally posted by Soundguy01tx
willie, how often does the white stuff come to Dallas?
--bryan

not very often. the most we have will stick on the ground for a few days. i'v also seen it last only a day on the ground before melting. it the picture it was also a lot of ice and we had i-20 out by my house shut down because the ice was so bad nothing could get up one of the hills on the highway.

our ex did pretty good for being 2wd.

Cant wait for the snow to fly here :D

Hey Trint, why does it look like I'm trying to push your truck into the snowbank??? I remember that trip well... First wheeling trip with my X and with the guy from this board... Ahh the memories...

Jack!!!!! What tire,wheel, and lift mods does the sliver sport have? what is the diff. between a suspension
lift and a body lift cost, easy of install, and look? if any of you guys have pics it would help me ot a lot!!!
9485bluesilver.jpg

This was in Feb 2003. Soon after, the mod bug got me and now my X can no longer go in the snow.

My favorite place to snowboard- Kirkwood, CA
14802feb-25-kirkwood-18.jpg

Taken on the way to Kirkwood
14802feb-25-kirkwood8.jpg

That's me if you can see me
14802feb-26-kirkwood132.jpg

A friend in the trees - Heavenly, Lake Tahoe
14802feb-27-heavenly31-med.jpg

The snow has really been lacking around here the last 5 years....this is DEC 02....

Attachments

• pc300051.xsnowdec30.jpg
    pc300051.xsnowdec30.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 798

Originally posted by SteveVB
Im glad to hear it, I wont be plowing with my Navajo, but my truck, and using a 7.5" Meyer Plow with some timbrens(aux springs) in the front I believe. The guy Im going to work for has about 20 Meyer's so if anything happens I may be able to find a spare. Ill be subbing on commercial lots.
What is it about the Fishers you like? Everyone bad mouths the Meyer, but I had one for 10 years with few if any problems.
You might find www.plowsite.com interesting-tons of great info on snow removal and equipment. .

when u live in New England that is the plow of choise. Why, because it is the only that has proven to take the abuse. u should see how some people plow. fisher takes the abuse. the meyers, diamond, snowway are great for personal use but i know plenty of people that have destroyed them. fisher for some reason takes abuse. maybe because it was made in maine they know what the winter are like how the people beat them to death. just an opion.

Here's one of my favorite stock pictures of my Sport Trac.
It was taken back on Thanksgiving Day of 2000 on the back side of Sandia Mountain near Albuquerque, NM.

4107PB230041.jpg

Love the snow. Hate the salt.

Attachments

• winter01.jpg
    winter01.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 735

Can't wait to get this out in the snow this year.

xxblackxx, how far have you driven that trailer and how fast were you going? Do you have any trouble burning up bearings running such a small tire? I have a 4x8 with tires about that size and I'm worried that it won't be able to handle high speeds for a long time.

Attachments

• a0000010.jpg
    a0000010.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 718

Whoa John...those new white 22s look good man..."bling bling".

gotta admit some of these pics are really beautiful, but this is as close as I wanna come to snow ever again. however I think the army might have other ideas about that.

:chug: :chug:

Last Thursday, Oct-2/2003 , Algonquin park, Ontario

4759save0023.jpg

You have snow allready :eek: I wish we had snow :rolleyes:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back