SNOW RUN! Trip Report: Carnage in Boulder, CO | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SNOW RUN! Trip Report: Carnage in Boulder, CO

Kirby N.

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Colorado Springs, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Ranger
We ran carnage today 2/19/06. We ran lower carnage, then attempted to run upped carnage, but we ended up missing the turn off, and went up a dead end trail a long ways. When I finally slid off the trail we walked it to the dead end. AFter we winched me back up on the trail, it was too late to follow the right trail so we came back down the way we went up. Used the winch quite a bit. It was icy, but not impassable. Got a few more dents! We all want to run it when it is dry. Fun Trail. Hope the moronic people up there don't get it closed, but I fear they will. Some idiots were shooting around the corner (accross the trail) from the Shooting ban sign. There was some more shooting across the trail up by left hand. Hope it stays open long enough for us to run it again. That waterfall looks like fun!

The X worked amazingly well with the new 37s. Didn't feel too tipsy like it did before, but I did get it into some hairy spots and it felt tipsy anyway! Brought chains, didn't end up putting them on.

Pics:
Page 1
Page 2

nice!
next time u head out wheelin let me know

Cool pics. Thanks for sharing!!

Yeah great pics and you've got a sick truck.

Back