Snowball 94 Limited | Page 15 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Snowball 94 Limited

Hey I'm a long time reader and Just bought my first X Wednesday I love it.
SnowballJune3103.jpg

She's a 1994 Limited.Named her Snowball (Sry If someone already had this name) I paid $1500 for her. She got a new Thermostat 2hrs after I bought her cause it locked up on me and over heated in the middle of the road. Her primary duty is going to be as a daily driver/Photography vehicle. I am an avid amateur photographer.

The day after I got her I took her out on her first photo Journey.
Here's some pics.

SnowballJune31018.jpg

She is replacing the 1989 Ranger my parents let me drive till I found my own and just like the Ranger I couldn't keep her on the pavement for long.

SnowballJune31015.jpg

I also found a mound of gravel and flexed the suspension a bit.
SnowballJune3107.jpg

SnowballJune3109.jpg

Her primary purpose will be to get me to college and back and do a little off-roading. She does have some problem but what 16yr old vehicle doesn't. I will eventually get some kind of lift but first is New/Used tires and a MAF.

Leave your opinions did I make a good purchase? What Kind of lift should I get it need to be cheap cause most of my money will be going to School.​

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Very good. You'll get to a salvage yard before doing the mirrors, find the time to dig into one door and get two of the wires that go into the mirror connector, on the car side. Those will plug right into your stock connector, and match it to where the puddle light wire is with the new 95-01 mirror. Those are easy to work with, just us e a tiny screw driver or pick to get the connector lock out. Night,

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Finished up and wired and mounted the underglow side bars this weekend and this project was a great success! They look awesome at night. I have them wired so they come on with the interior lights and by a switch. For now they don't work off of the switch but I'm fairly sure it's because I have the lighted rocker switch wired wrong; I'm going to rewire the switch tomorrow and grab a few pics at night.

Also I'm not sure if I posted it earlier but I tightened up my E-Brake cable by cutting it and placing in a small turnbuckle in it to take out the slack from it stretching over time. It works great now and fully engages at half pedal.

Here's a crappy cellphone pic of the Underglow lights.
utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTExMDMxLTAwMDQzLmpwZw.jpg

If I get a chance I'll take some better ones with my real camera tonight if not tonight I'l def get some over the weekend.

Alright finally took some pics of the underglow with a real camera. They're a little blurry cause I left my tripod at home but they give you a good idea of how bright they are.

DSC_5700.jpg

DSC_5695.jpg

DSC_5699.jpg

Here's a pic where I set the shutter speed to get a pretty accurate light output picture.
DSC_5697.jpg

They're not super bright but they give a nice glow. I'm really happy with them. Now I just need to build a front and rear bar and it'll be complete.

Also thinking about making a bar and mounting it behind the grill. Might use white LEDs for that though not sure yet.

nice dude that looks really cool!!

Wow that looks great! Really original too, I like! Great job! Coming on with the interior lights is pretty cool!!

Wow that looks great! Really original too, I like! Great job! Coming on with the interior lights is pretty cool!!

Thanks. I also have them wired to a hidin switch under the dash so Ian turn them on whenever.

Well bad news guys the crack in my windshield has slowly been growing, but the good news is I discovered that insure will pay for it with only a $100 deductible sincer it is considered a safety issue. So today or tomorrow I'm having someone come out to the school and see if they can repair it or if it has to be replaced.

I'm hoping they just want to replace it. It's really needing replaced as it is pitted heavily. Not sure from what but it has been that way since I got it and it's really annoying.

It's really needing replaced as it is pitted heavily. Not sure from what but it has been that way since I got it and it's really annoying.

It's probably due to age, road grime, salt use on roadways. And many other factors.

My 94 ranger was like that, however it was from New Mexico, so the sand and desert climate pitted it really bad. Kinda looked like I was looking through a kaleidoscope.

That's what I'm figuring too.

Just got off the phone with the wind shield people and it'll be getting replaced Friday!
I can't wait to have a clear windshield!

Be sure to get a 91-94 windshield, and not the 95+ version. The later 95+ trucks use a different mirror mounting style, yours has a set screw to tighten it.

FYI, the OEM Ford windshield is only about $140 new, the labor to R&R it is the rest. Try to be there and get a glance at the area along the windshield, the roof etc. Rust will begin in there sometimes, and only with the glass out can you see it well or work on it. Regards,

Be sure to get a 91-94 windshield, and not the 95+ version. The later 95+ trucks use a different mirror mounting style, yours has a set screw to tighten it.

FYI, the OEM Ford windshield is only about $140 new, the labor to R&R it is the rest. Try to be there and get a glance at the area along the windshield, the roof etc. Rust will begin in there sometimes, and only with the glass out can you see it well or work on it. Regards,

I plan to be there the entire time they are working on it since they will be doing it in my driveway. It's only gonna cost me 100$ since I'm going through insurance but they did tell me if I didn't it would be about 300$.

I gave them all the info for my car so they should be bringing the correct windshield. If my mirror doesn't mount up they will be fixing it cause I'm not giving up my auto dim mirror. It's my favorite thing I've added yet.

You'll enjoy watching it go in. I've had three done with my trucks, each has been just over $200 installed. The last one was three years ago. Night,

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTExMTIxLTAwMDQ1LmpwZw.jpg

New Windshield! It makes a huge difference in how I can see. No more little specks all over it it's actually clear.

Surprisingly no rust starting around the edges the installer did say he sprayed it plenty of primer down from the small scratches that were put in when it was removed. Also according to him it wasn't the original window.
Best part though is now my rear view mirror doesn't shake from a crappy mount it's perfectly solid now.

Also this weekend I added another under glow bar behind the front bumper. This one I sleeved with clear tubing since it will be under the engine. I also siliconed the ends shut so nothing can get inside. I should have the back finished by next week since I'll be out of school starting tomorrow so I'll have more free time.
utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTExMTIxLTAwMDQ2LmpwZw.jpg

Also on the agenda for this break is an oil change. I'm still about 800mi short of 3000 but it's been almost 4 months and the oil is pretty dark so I'm just going to change it.

Thinking of adding some LED lights behind the grill mounted to the part that goes over the grill and headlights. Not sure weather to do Orange or White. Any opinions?

Also another thought I had was making them 2 separate bars and wiring them in with the turn signals. Not too sure about that idea though might just look silly.

Thinking of adding some LED lights behind the grill mounted to the part that goes over the grill and headlights. Not sure weather to do Orange or White. Any opinions?

Also another thought I had was making them 2 separate bars and wiring them in with the turn signals. Not too sure about that idea though might just look silly.

I had considered doing something similar (led strip) and wiring it to the turn signals but attaching it under or on the back of the mirrors.

I had considered doing something similar (led strip) and wiring it to the turn signals but attaching it under or on the back of the mirrors.

I had that though too but since I'm now looking for mirrors with puddle lamps I'm gonna wait and do it on them. I mainly want the lights behind the grill to kinda give it a glow.

I think when I make the front floorboard lights I'll stick them behind the grill when it gets dark and see if I like the way it looks.

My new PPG windshield back in 2008 was $165.12 total cash installed.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217640&highlight=windshield

I regret using the POS glass company though. I eventually told a regional manager, "Why would I have you replace the windshield, pry get the same bad install, and pry get the same crappy installer...?" He did not like when I told him that I would take a baseball bat to it, find a better glass company to replace it, pay another $165.12 out of pocket, than have them replace it for free.

To this day, I still want it out. I have a rock chip star that needs repair. I told my local glass shop that I need to figure out if I want to get the chip repaired, or have them replace the whole thing. Maybe next summer, I'll throw a baseball bat through it, take a pic, and send it to the previous glass company regional manager, and send it to my previous insurance company that said that company was a recommended vendor... :D

My new PPG windshield back in 2008 was $165.12 total cash installed.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217640&highlight=windshield

I regret using the POS glass company though. I eventually told a regional manager, "Why would I have you replace the windshield, pry get the same bad install, and pry get the same crappy installer...?" He did not like when I told him that I would take a baseball bat to it, find a better glass company to replace it, pay another $165.12 out of pocket, than have them replace it for free.

To this day, I still want it out. I have a rock chip star that needs repair. I told my local glass shop that I need to figure out if I want to get the chip repaired, or have them replace the whole thing. Maybe next summer, I'll throw a baseball bat through it, take a pic, and send it to the previous glass company regional manager, and send it to my previous insurance company that said that company was a recommended vendor... :D

I'm pretty sure PPG is the same kind I had installed. The glass company installer was very nice and did a great job. My only complaint was he gave me a time frame of 1-3pm to show up but as I figured it would go he was late and i had to run out to get my sis from school. Luckily I left the truck unlocked so he got straight to work and when I got back he had the window half out.

The one thing that I didn't like was how he got the window out he used a sawzall with a scraper type thing attached. It made a mess all over my dash but he cleaned it up so it's all good.

They also offer a lifetime warranty on it for as long as I own the vehicle so that a plus.

Back