So Cal Corral Canyon run Sunday April 24th | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

So Cal Corral Canyon run Sunday April 24th

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockRanger

Elite Ranger
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Fresno CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
86 ranger no more
Callsign
KK6TDL
When: Sunday April 24th 7:30 am

Where: We will be heading to corral canyon OHV area off of I8 at buckman springs road. The place to meet will be the Carls Jr in alpine. From San Diego take I8 east to the tavern road exit in alpine. At the top of the ramp make a right then a quick left into the Carls Jr parking lot. We will meet there at 7:30 am and caravan from there to corral canyon

Who: YOU!!!! if you have 4 wheel drive with low range you are welcome to come. The rains this winter could have made the trails much more difficult so it will be hard to say what minimum requimerents will be neccesary out there. You may get body damage and a locker would deffently help out for sure

What to bring: Your truck with the basic recovery and repair gear that should always be carried on any trip. Bring a lunch as there will be no places on the trails to buy it.

I am planning on attending if I dont have to be out of town for that weekend for work. Post up if you plan on attending so difficulty of the run and number of vechicles can be determined.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

In.

Maybe in :rolleyes: Maybe I'll spend Saturday in San Diago with the wife ;)

Colin,
Whats this new rig talk?

FROADER said:
I wasn't going to tell anyone until it happened, but Mark's Explorer is going to a good home and staying in the SoCal X family.
That's right fellas, Colin is going to have an Explorer again!! A very capable one at that. Note the board name change was for a reason.

:thumbsup: I saw that you are working on the yota too. You and pops going to make it a crawler?

Matt took charge..........thanks. IN!!!

Since I live closer to this than everyone but RR, I should be on time!

Stic-o said:
Maybe in :rolleyes: Maybe I'll spend Saturday in San Diago with the wife ;)

I would invite you to stay with us, but our guest room is filled with my in-laws right now.

BKennedy said:
I would invite you to stay with us, but our guest room is filled with my in-laws right now.

Thanks for thought ;)

I think I'm going to pass on this trip. $100+ in gas for a day trip :eek:

Sure would like to make it but me and the missis are going to San francisco that week.

Stic-o said:
$100+ in gas for a day trip :eek:
Seriously? Wow, I can drive 2.5 hours(100miles) to T-haven, wheel for two days, and make it almost home (80 miles) on a tank of gas. I filled my tank today from empty for $53.
I can get to Corral in 1 hour on the freeway. How far from your house to mine, Stic?

P.S. Love the new avatar. :thumbsup:

RangerX said:
Seriously? Wow, I can drive 2.5 hours(100miles) to T-haven, wheel for two days, and make it almost home (80 miles) on a tank of gas. I filled my tank today from empty for $53.
I can get to Corral in 1 hour on the freeway. How far from your house to mine, Stic?

Yahoo says it's just short of 100 miles to oceanside. My work has still not moved yet either, so I'm pumping over $50 bucks a week for gas. Wenever they move, I go from a 27mile comute to 9 miles. Lucky for them they just gave me a raise :thumbsup: Getting a 9% raise is always nice.

Glad you like the avatar ;)

RangerX said:

I top off in Ramona, drive to Truckhaven, then have to fill up either in Salton Sea or Borrego for the trip home. I end up using about 1 3/4 tanks on a Truckhaven trip.

How many gallons does a Ranger tank hold? The Explorers are about 18 gallons.

BKennedy said:
How many gallons does a Ranger tank hold? The Explorers are about 18 gallons.

My tank is 21 gallons......Well it use to be :rolleyes:

Before this :D

12287truck_rock.jpg

Stic-o said:
My tank is 21 gallons......Well it use to be :rolleyes:
Same here. Now its ~16.5 :(
Of course, I think that is what brought me to this site. . the search for skid plates.

Mine's 21. Stock skidplate and a longer wheel base then you guys, but it's still 21 gallons. :cool:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have to drop the skid plate and bend it back straight...then it might be 21 gallons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back