Reaction score
City, State
Bath, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer XLT 4WD
Thank you PA Turnpike snow plows!:mad:

image-2.jpg

image-3.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

insurance will have them as good as new, see if the body shop can work in the explorer letters for the hood.

Insurance will take care of your windshield at no out of pocket. Make sure you get the OEM because its a special type of glass. Shoud say Carlite and Soundscreen on it. Do a search here there are a couple of threads - one by me.

Not sure of the other stuff. What happened to cause that much damage?

52e28ff374d05.preview-620.jpg

Were you the vehicle in this pile up?

EDIT: Never mind, this was a pile up in Chicago.

Driving on the highway below the PA Turnpike overpass and the plows were flying up the road and plowed heavy wet snow over the side and it slammed my the windshield and front grill. I'm filing a claim with the state as well.

Driving on the highway below the PA Turnpike overpass and the plows were flying up the road and plowed heavy wet snow over the side and it slammed my the windshield and front grill. I'm filing a claim with the state as well.

Yeah, I would say that the state should be paying the damages.

Damn, well thank god you and whomever was in the car is safe. Make the state pay. Don't wait for the check any time soon though - you know how those guys are.:thumbsup:

Thanks. I was shocked for a few seconds but didnt panic or lose control. They better pay something for my troubles. If the snow was powder, i wouldnt have this mess right now. Ugh.

When they replace the glass make sure the glass guy has the tool to crimp the rear view mirror into place.

I had my 2011 windshield replaced, didn't know about the crimping tool, drove for a year with rearview mirror vibrating all the time.

The crimping tool looks like its a Ford dealership only tool.

When they replace the glass make sure the glass guy has the tool to crimp the rear view mirror into place.

I had my 2011 windshield replaced, didn't know about the crimping tool, drove for a year with rearview mirror vibrating all the time.

The crimping tool looks like its a Ford dealership only tool.

Thank you for the info. Who replaced your windshield? Mine is being replaced by Safelite.

I'm enjoying 80 degree weather in California

Thank you for the info. Who replaced your windshield? Mine is being replaced by Safelite.

Speedy Auto Glass

You would think a big chain glass store would have a crimp tool

Speedy Auto Glass

You would think a big chain glass store would have a crimp tool

Never heard of Speedy Auto Glass.

My insurance company works with Safelite. I would hope they know about the tool.

My insurance company works with Safelite. I would hope they know about the tool.

Safelite did mine - I don't have any noticeable vibration, but i'll check when I go down later today

F1BE48DC-0485-43D5-9B1F-0BEE03375B90_zpscw3igdb4.jpg

I feel your pain, I am only about 40 minutes from you

Might be a Canadian only chain, I thought they were in the US as well.

They have brick & mortar shops or they will come to the dealership.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back