So I built a 1st gen winch bumper.... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

So I built a 1st gen winch bumper....

If they were into the whole Quickbooks thing, maybe youd have your bill. (wait, was that PC?)

Looks great. Wish my wife would let me let you make one.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

FINALLY got my costs for the bumper. If anyone is interested, I can sell them for $300 + shipping in bare metal form. All you will need to do is drill the mounting holes, so you can align it how you want, and paint/herculine/whatever..

I do not do this as my livelihood, I do it on the side, so delivery times may vary a little depending upon my steel supplier (high tech Amish guy!! :confused: ) and travel with my job. I also would be building them individually for each order, so they will most likely never be "in stock".

If anyone wants to purchase one and is a little worried about buying from someone they don't know, I'm sure you can get all sorts of references from people on this board.

FAQs said:
All commercial endeavors are prohibited unless specifically authorized by the sites administrator. Contact me for information regarding advertising and selling commercially on the site.

Has this been approved? I believe there is also a $100 fee to do this. I clearly remember someone trying to sell LED puddle lights on here to other members and got quite the warning.

About how much did the bumper end up weighing?

edhand said:
About how much did the bumper end up weighing?

It's in post #16 in this thread....75 lbs....

i would be interested in buying one for a gen 2 if you could add on a brush/light guards. i would pick up instead of ship. any rough idea of production time? also, how much are you selling rock sliders for? and any pics of them? thanks, Martin

Yeeehaw86 said:
i would be interested in buying one for a gen 2 if you could add on a brush/light guards. i would pick up instead of ship. any rough idea of production time? also, how much are you selling rock sliders for? and any pics of them? thanks, Martin

I would need to get my hands on a 2nd gen that I can do some mock-up work on before I can do one. Mounts are different and so is the shape. As for brush/light guards, one thing I don't have is a tube bender, but if you have an idea what you want, can you sketch it up and I'll see what I can do. The machine shop where I get my steel does have a bender, so they should be able to make parts for me.

Rock sliders would sell for $275/pair. Getting the mounts and extension right are a little more tricky than they are for the bumpers. I'd need to know if you have a body lift, how far out do you want them to stick (use as step bars or just rock sliders), etc. I kind of prefer to do the final fabrication of them with the truck present (which takes a couple hours at most) so people get exactly what they want.

ya i second that i have been looking for a gen 2 bumper for months and 400 is about half of what other ppl told me..... id buy one for sure

I know im like 15 years late but is this still a thing?

Back