• Register Today It's free!

so i finally got to do a tune up

mikey976

Reaction score
City, State
Parsppany, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 EB / '89 s13 coupe
so my truck was getting 14mpg hwy and much much less local.

first off getting the fuel filter off was an experience in itself . after 2 days of trying and 35 dollars worth of filter lock removal tools my weary arms free'd the fuel filter and i took a fuel shower.

started the truck up and she still puts and struggles to idle.

i move on to the creme de le creme.... plugs and wires.
so i didnt have much trouble gettin plugs out only 2 were almost frozen . with the help of pb blatsre they came free.

now she runs great . nice to have a reliable vehicle again.
anyhow here are pics of the plugs so u guys can see why the truck barely ran at all.

deadplugs002.jpg

deadplugs003.jpg

deadplugs004.jpg

deadplugs005.jpg

gotta love the nastyness ... 2 of these felt liek they were rusted in

now only if i could finish the coupe :dizzy:

btw i am getting no reading on what would be the water temp gauge on my dash, and since i have a 95 eb. i have the lil center console computer. i do the self check and it says the oil temp gauge is defective. 2 questions is there really an oil temp or am i goin nuts. and 2 what is the location of the water temp sensor on the block

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hello,
What engine do you have? if you have the 4.0 the temp sensor is right behind the tstat on the left when you take the waterneck off. I had the same issue as you with my temp gauge not working. I replaced the tstat and sender and now it works great. gotta love only having to pay $12 for a tstat and sender. I love fords ha:thumbsup:

Looks like normal wear... except for #6 that one looks oil fouled.

Do the full tune up... air filter, belt, fluids, a can of sea foam, and a coat of wax. she'll thank you for it.

i have the 4.0l

yea so far she has gotten new belt since the compressor ate the old one. so i need a compressor very soon.
plugs, wires ,tmorrow is seafoam, pcv, oil change, gonna do a coolant flush and might lookinto paying to have the tranny flushed. then transfer case,

ima give her a good wash and wax, and i got some new audio gear commin for her.
pioneer deh-7900bt and replacing my lightningaudio sub with a nice MA audio sub and 1 farad cap.

thanks for the info on the temp sensor. cant complain my nissan coupe tstat costs 4.99 so its not bad.

now i just noticed my 4wd and 4wd low lights are coming on then goin off every few min.
i have the 2wd/4wdauto/4wdlow nob , stays in 2wd tho

i have the 4.0l

yea so far she has gotten new belt since the compressor ate the old one. so i need a compressor very soon.
plugs, wires ,tmorrow is seafoam, pcv, oil change, gonna do a coolant flush and might lookinto paying to have the tranny flushed. then transfer case,

ima give her a good wash and wax, and i got some new audio gear commin for her.
pioneer deh-7900bt and replacing my lightningaudio sub with a nice MA audio sub and 1 farad cap.

thanks for the info on the temp sensor. cant complain my nissan coupe tstat costs 4.99 so its not bad.

now i just noticed my 4wd and 4wd low lights are coming on then goin off every few min.
i have the 2wd/4wdauto/4wdlow nob , stays in 2wd tho

do the tstat and temp sensor when you flush the system because you are going to have to drain the coolant to do it anyway. As for the flashing 4wd symbols that could be some tranny issues. Use the search to find blinking 4wd lights, there is a lot of threads about it. Also if you need any help im only half an hour from you it looks like:thumbsup:

okay , everybody missed the obvious ,,
where the heck did the prcelain go from the one electrode ??

hmmmm, i wonder,,

prolly sitting in my cat, anyhow truck runs great i am watching the est mileage and so far im getting around 4-5mpg boost. so far..

for some reason i had this issue before i did the tune up, after about 20-30 min pf driving to work. i get off the hwy and come to a light the truck struggles to idle and the water temp gauge is going up. and the temo gauge doesnt work, i checked fluids looks like everything is fine. and like i said before when it goes to stall the truck is in gear and the 4wd lights are going on and off. moment i put it in N or P she idles fine.

so thats the next order of business

For the blinking 4WD lights, try unplugging the negative terminal to your battery for 20 min. This fixed it for me.

thanks for the tip on my 4wd issue. i unplugged it and left it for 30-40 min. fired here up and she idles again and no flashing 4wd or od lights.

she stutters here n there while idling but no where near as bad as before. now im gonna find a place that will do a tranny flush. any idea how much that runs on avg?

Back