So I Finally Lifted My EX!!!!!!!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

So I Finally Lifted My EX!!!!!!!!!

96743explorer

Reaction score
City, State
Big Island, Hawaii
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 explorer V6 4x4
Lifted it on Sunday, Put on 265/75/16 Cooper Discover STT's and had it aligned on Monday. All I have to say is it looks pretty damn good now. Got a hell of a lot more clearance. Will have to take it off roading soon. The install of the Traxas spacer took me and my buddy 5 hours! The rear was a ***** to put back. We dropped the whole lower control arm, with the holes not aligning and the spacer pushing the shock assembly further down made the squeeze nearly impossible. All I have to say is thank god for ratchet tie down straps. Well heres the pics. Not that great but you get the idea. will be painting the headlights black soon and also plasti-dipping the rims black. :salute:

WP_000830_zps3a806df5.jpg

WP_000831_zps7424b336.jpg

WP_000837_zps069cf134.jpg

WP_000841_zps36081b7b.jpg

WP_000839_zps075e4fcd.jpg

WP_000832_zps325bb63f.jpg

WP_000842_zps45f02448.jpg

WP_000829_zps7c8cc49c.jpg

WP_000825_zps1aa69a54.jpg

temporary_zpsd02b5bd1.jpg

temporary_zps0ecde3c4.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks good. Was that 5 hours total to do the install?

5 hours total. the fronts was a breeze compared to the rears. plus we were working at our own pace. rushing leads to accidents. my friend had to run to his house twice to grab some tools which is down the road, also tending to my 2 kids kinda slowed things down.

Thats looks really bad ass, real mean. Good job on the install, 5 hours doesn't seem like a lot for the end result.

thanks man. ^^^^^^^

i can't tell if i like it with or without the running boards because I'm running it without them those tires are beefy looking

now paint your headlights, your trim, and your rims and your good to go

Explorer0693- im a copy cat. Lol! At least we don't live in the same state. Lol! The side steps serve as a purpose for the wife and 2 kids to get in and out. If wasn't for them I would've took it off a while ago. Lol! Btw what's the load rating of those Dynapros? Mines are load E. The Hankooks were $30 more per tire compared to the Coopers.

Frank169- the tires rub the inner plastic liner and edge of the side step on FULL TURN only. Other than that no rubbing, or trim the plastic.

Explorer0693- im a copy cat. Lol! At least we don't live in the same state. Lol! The side steps serve as a purpose for the wife and 2 kids to get in and out. If wasn't for them I would've took it off a while ago. Lol! Btw what's the load rating of those Dynapros? Mines are load E. The Hankooks were $30 more per tire compared to the Coopers.

Frank169- the tires rub the inner plastic liner and edge of the side step on FULL TURN only. Other than that no rubbing, or trim the plastic.

haha its all good do what ever you want to your rig. if you have any questions of how i did anything or what you sere thinking that maybe something i could do for a project please let me know i wanna do some projects real soon. also I'm not sure of what load they are to be honest

How much coats you lay on those headlights? The fogs I put 3, I know the more u put the less light comes through.

How much coats you lay on those headlights? The fogs I put 3, I know the more u put the less light comes through.

i don't use my fogs so i can't remember but would you like me to email you or make a post step by step how i did it? i have it all written up just either gotta post it or email it to you

96743explorer- Congrats onthe lift! Always good to see other 4th gens that want to do that extra little push to get our rigs outa the momma mobile stage and into the manly "monster" we want lol (I use the word monster lightly lol) im not an elite member so I dont have my pics posted but if your on instagram you can find me at #zombieoutbreakresponseteam , iv got a ton of photos of my 06 ex,

Good luck with the mods man!

Thanks man I think I got it. used to do this kind of things when i was into Hondas once upon a time. I'll be doing it on my day off which is Sunday. I'll keep you posted. Btw you got any shots of your rig straight on side view?

Looks good! Paint your rims black and you will have an even more bad ass looking truck!

haha! I will on my days off. I'll keep this updated. ;)

i used nightshade on my headlights. i used about 4 coats on the corner lights, and probably 5-6 very light coats on the headlights and then 2 clear coats
i will warn you that you cant see crap with them now. thats why i got my LED light bar and put it behind my grille because i was expecting that to be the case.

so i guess im saying becareful doing the headlights. because it does cut visibility. also take the headlights off the car otherwise it is super hard to do without runs

side shots of " the rig "

Thanks man I think I got it. used to do this kind of things when i was into Hondas once upon a time. I'll be doing it on my day off which is Sunday. I'll keep you posted. Btw you got any shots of your rig straight on side view?

If you take out the hashtag (#) and just look up zombieoutbreakresponseteam you'll find me, feel free to add, there are quite a few of mine from the side

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back