• Register Today It's free!

So my motor finally went.

1998Explodasport

Reaction score
City, State
Brockton, Ma
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport
The motor in my 2001 Sport finally died. Some have you may have seen my past post about having problems with it and it beeing noisy. I am pretty sure a rod went through the block but it was dark when I got to it and there was alot of oil under it. My girlfriend was driving it and she said it lost oil pressure then got kind of loud so she pulled over and called me. I always told her to check the oil pressure gauge and if it ever went to zero to pull over ASAP. I'm just glad she didn't keep trying to drive it and seize the motor because it sucks trying to remove a seized motor.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Definitely a bummer! Don't happen often, but occasionally........imp

I'm knocking all kinds of wood right now. I've only had my 01 sport for three weeks and i'll be dammed if I can afford that problem.... I hope you can find good replacement at a good cost.

I bought the truck a few months ago not running and sort of expected it to need a motor. It was in a flood in Rhode Island and when I had it towed to my garage I figured I would try to get it started just to chase down all the electrical problems before replacing the motor but it kind of ran decently just a little noisy so i decided to drive it for a bit before replacing the motor and I was hoping to get through the winter but that dream got shattered today.

Back