• Register Today It's free!

SOA for a daily driver?

chaseracer22

Reaction score
City, State
Decatur, AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 XLT
ok on my 98 explorer xlt im going to drive daily. im going to put my leaf springs over my axel and TT so its going to be raked. but ive heard that SOA makes your driving stiffer. is this true? and would it be to stiff to drive every day? help please

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It will be fine to drive everyday. You do realize that a SOA gives about 6" of lift in the rear? A TT will only give 2" if your a 4wd and 3-3.5" if your a 2wd. Thats a pretty serious rake. How much lift are you trying to obtain?

It will be fine to drive everyday. You do realize that a SOA gives about 6" of lift in the rear? A TT will only give 2" if your a 4wd and 3-3.5" if your a 2wd. Thats a pretty serious rake. How much lift are you trying to obtain?

yes i realized that. haha i am fine with that. but i was also going to ask if anyone knew a way to get anymore lift in the front. (i'm not going to buy a full body lift beacause i can twist my torsion bars for free and SOA for around 40 bucks)

Your gonna have to get a spindle life if you want to life the front any higher.

it is a AWD. so does that mean the back will only lift like 4 1/2

yeah i cant use spindle lifts. can i?

what about coils? and what are they

You cant really do coil springs if you have torsion bars. You would have to fab someting up custom big time. If its awd then you cant do spindles. You have to get the kit which includes the spindles but they are different than 2wd ones. The awc spindles have holes where the cv axles come thru. 2wd just has spinles with bearings and all.

No you can't do the spindles. You don't have coil springs so that doesn't matter. :)

The way to lift the front to match the SOA in the rear, is to buy a 4" trailmaster or superlift as well as a torsion twist.

yeah. so i started looking for spacers for my 98 and can't find any. if i can't find none... im feeling a screw it im driving this beast raked

I have heard of doing a raked body lift to level it out, But not sure how well it works and holds up.

Dan

that is just what i have heard from friends

Back