SOA with 4" Skyjacker Leafs??

Webster3

Mr. Ed
Reaction score
City, State
Atco, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Sport
Is it possible to do a Spring Over Axle conversion and keep my 4" Skyjacker leaf springs?

Anyone know how much lift that would give me?

Would it be safe? :)

Thanks!

Ed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you should get about 9 to 10 inches of lift out of that

Ryan

Like ^^^ they said, it would give you ~9" of lift. What would you do in the front, SAS or 8" SJ coils w/ or w/o spacers?

Yeah, that's the big question of course. I really don't need that much lift. I'd be happy with getting some 33's under there. If I can get to 6" that would be good... just not sure the cheapest way to get there.

I'd like 35's but I don't think I can go there without stressing out my TTB. I don't have the money or skills to go SAS :)

Ed

You could add some:
shackles and spacers or
shackles and 6" coils
otherwise you could buy some stock X springs and go SOA

I was thinking about shackles and spacers. But I've got a ton of questions with that set up too.

Do I need to set the Skyjacker TTB bracket to the 6" setting?
Do I need different shocks?
Will I need an alignment?
My brake lines were re-located for the 4" lift... will I need to replace or extend them this time?

I'm not a huge fan of spacers really... but I like the price. If I went with the 6" coils, I'd only get 1.5" at most from shackles... which would leave my butt draggin'.... unless I have my father weld up some custom ones for me.

Anyway, anyone know some of the answers to those questions? :)

Ed

-Don't know for sure, but I believe the only difference in the 4" and 6" kit for the front is different coils. I think that all of the brackets already have the holes for both 4" lift and 6".
-If you go SOA you will probably need new shocks, but you shouldn't if you just add shackles with spacers/coils/etc.
-If you add lift in the front at all, you'll need an alignment.
-Since you don't have extended brake lines now, you will need them for the 6"(I'm pretty sure)

So the front shocks should handle the extra 2 inches with no problem?

Thanks for your help, btw. I love the paint color on your 93... much nicer than my lighter green IMO. :)

Ed

bmxking5 said:
-Don't know for sure, but I believe the only difference in the 4" and 6" kit for the front is different coils. I think that all of the brackets already have the holes for both 4" lift and 6".
-If you go SOA you will probably need new shocks, but you shouldn't if you just add shackles with spacers/coils/etc.
-If you add lift in the front at all, you'll need an alignment.
-Since you don't have extended brake lines now, you will need them for the 6"(I'm pretty sure)

Webster3 said:
So the front shocks should handle the extra 2 inches with no problem?

Thanks for your help, btw. I love the paint color on your 93... much nicer than my lighter green IMO. :)

Ed
Thanks for the compliment, I try my best to keep the new paint looking good. :) I believe the same shocks should work. Not positive, but I think that the same shocks are used for the front for the 4" and 6". Also, most people do Skyjacker 2", TT's, spacers, and other minor front lifts and the shocks still are fine with the extra ~2".

Back