• Register Today It's free!

soa ?

KYLE2289

Reaction score
City, State
MARTINSVILLE INDIANA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 FORD EXPLORER XLT
so i just finished my soa last night and one thing i have to say is wow. i had a 4 inch ez ride lift kit from tuff country and i ordered new leaf springs from lmc and did the add a leaf so my leaf pack was about 4 inches plus the soa conversion.

my question is how do i bring the front up level with the rear now.
http://www.sdtrucksprings.com/index...3w_wcB&zenid=6fa38fe0afb08ebb18e2f391465e9b86

that is the lift kit i have on there now i just need to bring the front up. would 2 inch coil spacers work or do i need to order new coil springs. whatever the best option is let me know.

thanks.

So you've got ~8-10" over stock in the rear if I understand correctly? You'll still have serious rake to the front with a leveling kit if you have almost 10" of lift in the rear.

that my friend has been the issue with people for YEARS.

In order to match the front, you will have to do some serious front end fabrication.
No bolt on bracket lift will give you the required amount to match the rear.

leaving you with one of two choices,
1. to cut and turn-extend your twin traction beams and go with a 9" lift f150 coil
or
2. do a solid axle swap in the front (SAS)

even with the lift you currently have, any more lift will be harmful to your front end unless you fab new radius arms and or steering links.
either way you go, serious fab is involved.

Your best bet might be to swap in stock rear springs and warrior 153 shackles which would now lower the rear since its soa.

Back