soaking my nuts and washing my shoes THE 92 X BUILD-UP | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

soaking my nuts and washing my shoes THE 92 X BUILD-UP

pughman

Reaction score
City, State
in a galaxy far far away "MISSOURI"
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XLT
going to put my shackles on tonight, so i thought i might soak them while i was out geting my new used 31x10.50 15's that i got for $40.00 ! :D all in all i have my 2in. skyjacker springs form summit coming and the home made shackles for a 2in. all the way around them ill put my 31's on, so i thought i'd start this thread ...

Picture011.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

got the lift on , got a tad over 1 1/2 in. out of it, now all i need is the springs , and ill be good to go...

Picture012.jpg

Picture015.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Picture016.jpg

Looks good so far, only thing i might add is some sort of cross bracing on the shackles, like welding a small piece of tube or left over on the inside of the shackles. Look at a pict of the warriors if you don't understand what i'm saying.

ya, lots of people run with out them......

x2 on the cross brace but only if you plan to wheel the vehicle - if not, then dont worry about them. off camber situations is an example of when shackles take lateral load and therefore should have a cross brace.

whell i think ill just weld some in for good luck , no harm, and i got the stuff...

got them cut , ill weld them in tonight....

Picture018.jpg

started on the front....got dark so i stoped ...

Picture023.jpg

Picture028.jpg

got the tires put on the rims, put the back ones on.....

Picture032.jpg

Picture033.jpg

so i got them in today, got them on and love them ! look sweet ride good , just am 100% happy with the hole thing !

Picture074.jpg

Picture075.jpg

Picture076.jpg

did some mud'n...lol....

Picture085.jpg

Picture086.jpg

What happened to the Cowl hood?

i still do not have it in paint yet, it will be on soon....

I saw it on your avitar but not your other pics so I was :confused:

I remember all the s**t you got about it on th KC Explorer Forums so I thought maybe you decided not to put it on.

ha ! its my truck , i'm going to put it on ! and it will look sweet to ! i do know one thing though , its not as big as i need it to be ! lol ! 3 body lift and 33's might do it for me ? thats next i think...

Back