SoBeLover's 1998 Explorer Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SoBeLover's 1998 Explorer Sport

Well, I am now the proud owner of a 1998 Explorer Sport. What makes this even sweeter to me is the fact I paid for this one myself with a great tax return from money I worked for. The '92 Sport, even though it was registered in my brother's name and I paid the upkeep, never really felt like mine, because I didn't earn the money that paid for it....do you understand what I mean?

The '92 Sport I gave back to my brother who is going to take some parts for his other Explorer and then donate it to charity and they will sell it for scrap metal since there is so much wrong, it's not worth fixing on a 14 year old vehicle, The only other things coming out of it are the headunit, to eventually be put into my new rig and the battery I had to put in it which is only a little over two years old.

This truck is so very nice, I can't even begin to tell you about it, so I'll wait until I get pictures of the new truck tomorrow, since a picture is worth a thousand words My decals won't go on until the weather warms up and I'll take more of the truck with them on. Got to get a new pic for the avatar too

The first mod for the truck will be a remote starter so I or one of my kids won't have to go out in inclement weather to start it up.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok everyone, I had my daughter snap a couple of pics for me. These are front and rear views of my truck, she took a side view, but I was in the truck and I didn't like the way the picture came out, so I'll have to get another side view picture

FrontView.jpg

RearView.jpg

Congrats Sandy! I must say the new ride looks very Sweeet! I'm sure you'll be able to make it on furture outings without any trouble.. Are you planning to take it off-road, or just mild off road?

DeRocha said:
Congrats Sandy! I must say the new ride looks very Sweeet! I'm sure you'll be able to make it on furture outings without any trouble.. Are you planning to take it off-road, or just mild off road?

Don't you worry, I'll be taking my truck up to the Four Wheel Jamboree this summer. And some off roading on the Cape

thats GREAT!! i know the '92 has had problems for awhile and i'm very glad you have a nice new truck that is yours! thats very cool. good luck and it looks great!

looks good! congrats on the new ride. When is it getting 33s? jk... ;)

Congrats Sandy. Happy to see you got it. Now let's try to keep all 4 wheels attached to the truck this time. ;)

I love it Sandy, I bet your green with envy, you should be so proud! :thumbsup:

I also like the licence plate too. ;)

Jeff - :navajo:

Thats very nice! Must be one heck of an upgrade from the '92!!

SVO said:
I love it Sandy, I bet your green with envy, you should be so proud! :thumbsup:

I also like the licence plate too. ;)

Jeff - :navajo:

I like my plate too ;)

IAmTodd said:
Thats very nice! Must be one heck of an upgrade from the '92!!

Most definitely Todd, the engine purrs, the ride is smooth.....not much more I can say except it's a sweet ride. :thumbsup:

Better Late than never for a congratulations on the SPORT purchase......We need to see more pics..... :D

Good Luck and have fun!!!!!!

SPORT4.0 said:
Better Late than never for a congratulations on the SPORT purchase......We need to see more pics..... :D

Good Luck and have fun!!!!!!

Thanks.......I will get some more pics......especially when I get my decals on it in the spring :)

Hopefully one of those decals will be a New England Explorer one.

SoBeLover said:

Thanks.......I will get some more pics......especially when I get my decals on it in the spring :)

Fordexplorer157 said:
Hopefully one of those decals will be a New England Explorer one.

Of course there will be a New England Explorers decal on it Matt

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice ride!!!!

Back