SoCal 4-Wheel Parts Customer Appreciation Day 9/30/2012 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SoCal 4-Wheel Parts Customer Appreciation Day 9/30/2012

bronchole

Driveway flexing!
Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Monsterneer
Callsign
KI6MCO
4-Wheel Parts Customer Appreciation Day
SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 30, 2012
HUNGRY VALLEY OHV
ALIKLIK CAMPGROUND
NEXT TO THE OFF ROAD TRAINING COURSE
GORMAN, CA.
9:00 AM UNTIL ???

I will actually be there from Saturday thru Sunday "T" hunting. Hope to see some oy you out there. CB channel 27 all weekend long. Call out for Apollo 3 or Bronchole, I will answer to either.

Dan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

As long as I have the money I will definetly check this out. Not a big fan of 4wp but I love Hungry Valley.

In case you don't have a CB, I should be camped with allot of other T-hunters (look for all the CB antennas, including a base antenna) in the first few spots on the right at Circle Canyon camp ground. If I am not there, just find the base antenna and tell anyone there that you are looking for me. They will get ahold of me or tell you where to find me.

Happy Trails!

Dan

I'm planning to go this year:thumbsup:

..If it's hot like today I may not go..:(

..I can almost see the Super Tankers flying from here and don't need to be caught in the middle of a fire up there..:eek:

Did everybody register for this? I didn't.....does that mean I can't go?

You can go. regestration is something that Hungry Valley requests from event orginizers. It does help the event orginizers too, but nobody is going to be checking you at the door!

Haha... i saw nssj2's old ride come thru the visitor center earlier today while I was on the Phone. With ScottB...

..Literally 5 minutes after I posted I spotted Bronchole and his wife, called him on the radio and we met up...
IMG_20120929_145211.jpg

...and as I was writing this post another member spotted my X and stopped by Cmhaah06..Hopefully I can get a shot of his truck to tomorrow..

..It's a full moon night and the cool breeze is making it pleasant...This is actually pretty quiet out here this year so it looks like everyone will be showing up tomorrow...

..Plenty of room for anyone wanting to come up and camp tonight..:biggthump

Tbar's, great meeting you. Same to you stic-o. Both tire shops said I'd be better off leaving it alone for now cause there would be no guarantee the bead would reseat. Sooo, slowly but surely making my way north on the 99.

Here is the pic I got to take with Tbars and Stic-O before I left:

IMG_2046.jpg

That's my son in the 49ers hat.

Tbars, it was great meeting up and shooting the BS for a bit. I didn't manage to meet up with any of the other members from here, but there are other events to meet up on.

Hope to catch you all down the trail,

Dan & Renee

I am home. The bent rim held up. Tomorrow I am going to 4wheelparts to show them how "well" their steel rims hold up. Only lasted 31 hours before this happened.

IMG_2049.jpg

My parts guy is usually pretty good about things like this, so I'm not to worried about it. I just hope this isn't the "standard" for their products. Needless to say, I am disappointed. I'll keep everybody posted as to the outcome.

Tomorrow I am going to 4wheelparts to show them how "well" their steel rims hold up. I just hope this isn't the "standard" for their products. Needless to say, I am disappointed.

Hate to say it but don't be surprised if they tell you to pound sand. Just chalk it up to a casualty of off roading. It could've been worse if that was an aluminum rim, you could be missing a large chunk instead of being bent.
Some rim stiffeners will prevent this from happening again.

if they don't help you take it higher...When this happen to me I got them to at least split the cost

Attachments

• China.jpg
    China.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 466

Hungry Valley SVRA is on facebook.

Cruise on over and like them! You need to get to the point of entering SVRA before they come up.

So.... my parts guy was not there yesterday when I went to get this wheel issue figured out. I spoke with the store manager who was very apologetic. He said they would not replace the wheel, however, said he'd see what he could do. They took the wheel, took the tire off and pounded the wheel back into shape. They remounted and rebalanced the wheel and tire for free. I am still disappointed in the product, however, the people at 4wheelparts in Fresno went out of their way to do their best to fix the problem. That was good enough for me.

So my wheel went from this:

IMG_2049.jpg

IMG_2047.jpg

To this:

IMG_2068.jpg

IMG_2067.jpg

Not new but good enough. I am going to try and buy some new tires soon. I also plan on getting a fifth fullsize wheel and tire just in case something like this happens in the future.

Here is some of the other damage I obtained after going through the rock sluice.

IMG_2050.jpg

IMG_2051.jpg

IMG_2052.jpg

The driver side door has been fixed. It was rubbing on the back of the front fender. Nothing a pry bar could not fix. Now it opens and closes like new. Needless to say, rock sliders are moving up on the list of things to do.

A little late on the list of things to do I'd say. I will be up in the Fresno area for a halloween party a friend is having on 10/27. If you want we can meet up and you can check out the rock sliders on mine. Should be pretty easy to build.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...Sorry I haven't posted up sooner but I literally jumped out of my X and headed south in the Ranger when I left this event..:confused:

..It was cool to meet up with 4-5 members up there this year..I still think we need to do an EF weekend up there some time soon..:biggthump

Back