Boomer12
CG
Christobal65
raginraj
Ritsui

Riders:
RockRanger

END EDIT

Any of you SoCal guys interested in a trip one of these weekends in Oct?

I haven't been wheeling since June and am itching to go wheeling and test out my new 700R4. :)
I'm busy on the 9th but any other weekend should be good for me.
Possible destinations: Big Bear, T-haven, Los Coyotes, etc

Who's with me? :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I desperately want to go wheelin too and i'm gonna try my hardest to make this trip. I gotta save up a little more money to regear the front to match the rear.

Sign me up!!!!

well as long as a stock 4x4 with tires with 50k on them wont get stuck and you promise not to break my 92 i will come along.

I'm In....as long as as it's mid-late Oct. Halloween Run? :rolleyes:

Interested! :thumbsup:

Stic-o said:
Halloween Run?
So, what . . . We all wheel in costume? And then whoever gets stuck has to hand out candy to everyone else? :D

How does the 23rd-24th work for everyone?

Anyone have a location in mind where we could all (2wd through big dawg) have fun? I haven't been to Los Coyotes yet and would love to go. Is it still open?

Jefe said:
So, what . . . We all wheel in costume? And then whoever gets stuck has to hand out candy to everyone else? :D

How does the 23rd-24th work for everyone?

Anyone have a location in mind where we could all (2wd through big dawg) have fun? I haven't been to Los Coyotes yet and would love to go. Is it still open?

the guys over on www.rrorc.com do this, but their halloween run is next weekend :confused:

Out of the places mentioned, looks like T-haven would be about the only 2wd friendly place. Other option would be for any 2wd guys to hop in an empty seat of a 4wd.

Halloween run? Tin Benders always wheel at the Hammers then. :p
Ok, thats a little extreme for us, I'd kinda like to make it home in an operational vehicle.

I think I have the # for Los Coyotes I.R. somewhere...i'll see if I can dig it up and find out if they are open.

Love to wheel, but got to work on that weekend. Going to Glamis on 15-16 of October with some CHP buddies. Not much wheelin' there for 4X4's, but one of my buddies is taking his $50,000.00 sand rail on its maiden trip and I want a ride. and........my daughter wants to learn how to ride a quad.

DB_1 said:
Out of the places mentioned, looks like T-haven would be about the only 2wd friendly place. Other option would be for any 2wd guys to hop in an empty seat of a 4wd.

Halloween run? Tin Benders always wheel at the Hammers then. :p
Ok, thats a little extreme for us, I'd kinda like to make it home in an operational vehicle.

I think I have the # for Los Coyotes I.R. somewhere...i'll see if I can dig it up and find out if they are open.
Im all for a 2wd Friendly place as i dont wanna break my Explorer as its the only thing i have to drive and cant afford to fix it. Basically I am looking for something where 4x4 High is just barely required, and i will have a little mud and dirt to show off :)

I know Im boring but as a poor college kid with a sports car the Ex is just transportation

whatever is good for me. weekends will do me best. i dont have a problem rollin with someone else, doesnt put any pressure on me to get my gears and locker installed. i still got the damn open diff. so i guess just keep every one posted. Oh ya, Jefe, what was that place that you had do your gears agian? you like like 150 for the 8.8 right?

right now im waitin to see if i cant get some gears installed...sooner than later. my b-day is next month and im gonna try and get some rims, and maybe tires then. ill let you know how things play out. still not sure if i wanna run 15x8s or 10s yet though. like the wide print but dont like to rub (to much)

Can we do it 16-17 or 30-31? 31st is daylight savings, and 28th is full moon. ;) (night run @ T-haven) :bounce:

Or the 23rd 24th. I don't care

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

taknitezX2 said:
right now im waitin to see if i cant get some gears installed...sooner than later. my b-day is next month and im gonna try and get some rims, and maybe tires then. ill let you know how things play out. still not sure if i wanna run 15x8s or 10s yet though. like the wide print but dont like to rub (to much)

cool man, well yah lemme know if ya want 5 cool rims for $200. I agree the footprint was nice to have, I just wanted something I could beat up more than ruining those ones. As for the rubbing, I'm not too familiar with later models, but you could either fab some more conservative bumpstops to keep the tires from mashing, or fold up that inner lip and roll. I was too lazy to fold up the inner lip so my tires are a bit jacked now :( . Keep in touch :)

Back