SoCal Winter '08 discussion thread | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SoCal Winter '08 discussion thread

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

..Heads up to all those above the snow line....Today's storm is just now coming in, fast and cold...It should produce some good snow up there...:D

And those below the snow line better get out the Hip Waders and Floaties. :confused: :p:

...It's not so bad the day after...Instead of looking up at all the snow on the mountains and wishing we were all out wheeling, I had a meeting in Newport and had an hour to kill...So I had lunch at Perry's Pizza and watched them tape the surf report...
beach006sq5.jpg

...Left there a little Gumby'd and headed over to my meeting..The owner is a Dog lover so Harley and her 2 dogs sat sunning while we had the meeting outside, sitting here...
beach008uc7.jpg

...On the way home I saw the Ass family riding in their f150...
beach010aan8.jpg

...And I got back home to see that I had a 58.1 lb. package on it's way to me thru Fedex...As soon as I can get these parts on the truck I want to head for the hills...It looks like we have more snow coming for this weekend...I sure want to go up the backside again...

...Boomer12, are you up for running the backside again???...Probably the end of the month...

Just passing through yesterday to visit family... :p:

Chevron and McDonald's were closed near Cleghorn... don't know why.

Attachments

• IMGA0832.JPG
    IMGA0832.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 152
  • IMGA0831.JPG
    IMGA0831.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 150

...Brrrrr, that looks wet, cold, and nasty...Was the pass open or was it shut down???

I didn't hear of anything... but people were going about their business w/o problems. I took the 15 to the 138 w/o problems. Met a girl from San Diego with only a t-shirt, no sweater or jacket to cover those, well, nipp#es :) Gum drops! Can I say that?

...:dunno:...I dunno if you can say that...But I know I love our So. Cal. snow bunnies just for reasons like that...:D

...Your X is looking like it's ready to go wheeling...It's looking sharp...:biggthump:

...And I got back home to see that I had a 58.1 lb. package on it's way to me thru Fedex...As soon as I can get these parts on the truck I want to head for the hills...It looks like we have more snow coming for this weekend...I sure want to go up the backside again...

...Boomer12, are you up for running the backside again???...Probably the end of the month...

how many guesses i get what the package contains? :)

hmmm i plan on being home towards the end of the month for a few days:cool:

let's see what Boomer has to say.

...Oh Boy Oh boy...:bounce:

..I know KOH is happening at the end of the month so we may have to wait a week or so..:dunno:

...Boomer12 and Ritsui are probably secretly out wheeling everday they can without us...Maybe we can get Dave Alfarro to join us too...:burnout:

No wheeling since t-haven for me...:(

I've been working, and just trying to get my truck back into some sort of dependable order. I had to swap out the driver's front axle, and my front end has a intermittent bind that has almost destroyed one of my tires.

I should be available any Sun-Tues once again starting this weekend if anyone wants to do something local. Big Bear, Cleghorn, Cougar Buttes, or aimlessly wandering through the desert, just let me know.

KOH is on my tentative list but I'm not sure that I'll be able to get the days off.

Donner the X is looking suave...:thumbsup:

...Boomer12 and Ritsui are probably secretly out wheeling everday they can...
Lol. If only :p:. I'm going to need to replace a lot of the Ex's front end, but I spent what I would have spent on the truck on new computers for work, so I'm still in the 'can't afford to repair' boat for a while.

or aimlessly wandering through the desert
That sounds great. I had to do a bit of 'snow wheeling' just to get to work on Monday, so the local trails just don't feel appealing right now.

:wavey:

Mmmmmm some desert exploring does sound good right about now.

That's pretty much all i've been wanting to do since getting out this past weekend. I wish the rain would stay away though.

That's pretty much all i've been wanting to do since getting out this past weekend. I wish the rain would stay away though.

we got the expo back together late sunday morning. then we took off and played in the snow and had fun in the hills above fontana. Good times, but i want to go to the desert.

More snow this weekend?

(Thanks guys! :):thumbsup:

They say it's supposed to snow again this weekend...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So the weekend of the 21st/22nd? I'll say maybe for now...i realized it's really not as far as i thought.

Back