Soft Pedal | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Soft Pedal

To my confused friend Gus Gorilla:

Apparently, you failed to learn to read before you dropped out of school. You may need to get one of your buddies to read this reply back to you. Which part of "the sound went away completely and the brakes feel much better" do you not understand? This was in regards to the first part of the text that read "brake pedal groaning and feeling like they were binding", not soft brakes, which by the way never showed up in the text. I am aware that the title of the thread is soft pedal, but someone may have this same groaning problem with their pedal. Now the readers have an easy "verified" fix. "Verified" means it was tested to work. You may want to give your mind a rest for a minute, this is a lot to absorb.

In case you haven't figured it out, many of the same parts and name brands are used across the auto industry GM, Ford, Toyota, etc and so a little research and an open mind (which you apparently do not have) paid off for me and hopefully for others.

You go and bash Toyota, but every single problem I have had with my toyotas have been in TSBs. The ford and mecury problems, not so much. As a result, I will continue to refer to other brands for thier better research and publishing of useful data.

By the way, you may want to see someone for that built up anger before the police show up on your door step. Take care Gus and thank you GSU4x4 for the support.

I have been experiencing the soft pedal for the last month. I can take this one a step farther, has anyone's pedal gone all the way to the floor while braking? Mine has done it several times. I can take my foot of the pedal and reapply pressure and it is fine. Any suggestions? Go figure it would start doing this since I am past warranty by 2500 miles....

does anybody have a part number or price estimate for this job, it sounds like something I am going to have to get done.

Back