• Register Today It's free!

sohc 4.0 lubrication diagram

Alfredo Quintero

Reaction score
City, State
Porlamar
Year, Model & Trim Level
explorer xlt 1997ohv
Cheers; does anyone have the lubrication diagram for the ford sohc 4.0 I would like to see the oil route it seems to me that the chains do not get enough lubricant
system lub ohv.jpg
SOHC?????

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

not too sure on the exact diagram, but i thnk the chains get enough oil once its started up. keeps the sprockets and guides lubricated. but just my opinion. take this as a bump :D

not too sure on the exact diagram, but i thnk the chains get enough oil once its started up. keeps the sprockets and guides lubricated. but just my opinion. take this as a bump :D
I just hold it to the floor while cranking until I see oil pressure on the gauge

I just hold it to the floor while cranking until I see oil pressure on the gauge
yes sir. that and/or preoilers work miraceles on these i hear! i always wonder though, with thr cranking trick, i wonder if it just coats the chains, or if its like fully tunning, as when its idling presure is higher i assume

yes sir. that and/or preoilers work miraceles on these i hear! i always wonder though, with thr cranking trick, i wonder if it just coats the chains, or if its like fully tunning, as when its idling presure is higher i assume
Its pumps the tensioners full of oil

I have been running a accumulator as a pre-oiler for 5 years - and it really works

Its pumps the tensioners full of oil
yeah that part i get, but i wonder if oil actually reaches the chains themselves to rpevent wear on the nylon stuff, and just how high pressure is, as i assume its not the same as running (heck it cant be!)

yeah that part i get, but i wonder if oil actually reaches the chains themselves to rpevent wear on the nylon stuff, and just how high pressure is, as i assume its not the same as running (heck it cant be!)
Well it gets to the valve covers during that time

Wear between the chain and the guides are not a concern and chain wear is minimal

Back