SOLD: Built 4.0 V6, & M90 Supercharger Kit | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SOLD: Built 4.0 V6, & M90 Supercharger Kit

Hey guys, I am looking to sell my 4.0 OHV, and my M90 supercharger kit. I recently had the engine rebuilt machining the whole short block and replacing all the parts listed below, the whole engine is pretty much new except for rods and crank. I have all receipts for the parts as well. 3 angle valve job was done, New Smith Bros 5.525 pushrods, & all cylinders were .030 overbore and piston rings gapped for boost application as this was going to be a m90 supercharged build. We installed a new water pump. Has provisions to run an E-fan if desired (In use now). Intake is a 66mm BBK throttle body and exhaust has JBA shorty headers. The engine itself now has 3.4k miles on it since the rebuild. Amsoil break in fluid was used for first 1,000 miles. Since then the engine has only seen Amsoil 5W-30 signature series synthetic with Wix oil filters and has been changed out 3 times including last oil change a month ago. Parts list:
  • Comp cams valve springs 988-12
  • Sealed power timing chain sets KT-4028S
  • Comp cams high energy camshafts 49-422-8
  • Sealed power steel rocker arms R1092
  • Brand new Heads both ported & polished (gasket matched)
  • FEL-PRO544SD Felpro gaskets used all around
  • ARP Head studs used
  • Speed-Pro Hypereutectic pistons H879CP .50MM
  • Sealed power performance piston ring sets E-613K50MM
feeling the water on this one. I'm looking to get $1,200USD OBO for the engine. Not sure how much shipping would actually be but would be on the buyers dime. It's currently still inside my truck. If someone is close by and wants to test drive that is cool with me. located in whittier, CA

we were planning on adapting the plenum to work with a gen 5 m90 but we ran into some complications so it will still only work with a gen 3. here are some images of what i have. purple m90 is gen 3 and gray is a refurbished gen 5. looking for $800 USD for everything in SC kit you see. Dm me if you have any questions or are interested.

here are some pics of the engine before installation
port 3.jpg
View attachment 169382
port 3.jpg
View attachment 169382 View attachment 169383
engine 1.jpg
engine with gasket.jpg
engine 2.jpg
engine 4.jpg
engine 5.jpg
engine 6.jpg
engine 7.jpg
View attachment 169391 View attachment 169392
heads 2.jpg
heads 3.jpg

20190503_150706.jpg

20190503_150650.jpg

20190503_150655.jpg

20190503_150703.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Engine and supercharger kit have been sold. auto trans still up for sale and price is set at $200. still works great. located in Pomona, CA

Beat the heck out of my explorer daley for work (mail route) have been wanting to get a good backup to have on hand but I'm guessing the shipping would probably kill the good
deal...any idea how much to 49117? (assuming it's 4wd?)

Beat the heck out of my explorer daley for work (mail route) have been wanting to get a good backup to have on hand but I'm guessing the shipping would probably kill the good
deal...any idea how much to 49117? (assuming it's 4wd?)

Are you talking about the transmission?

Back