Sold the Explorer...got a new "toy" | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sold the Explorer...got a new "toy"

GaSouthern1

Elite LS2 -
Reaction score
City, State
Duluth, Ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 GTO
It is a sad day but a good day at the same time, my explorer was getting some miles on it so we decided to trade it in. I found an 02 Durango for an awesome price, it is loaded with everything except sunroof. It also has a V8 which it a welcome change, I got the 4.7, cant afford the motion lotion for the 5.9. And by god I got 4x4 this time, I was gettin a little sick of 2wd. Here are some pics and tell me what yall think, also if any of yall know some good dodge message board shoot me a PM and tell me.

Attachments

• durango small.jpg
    durango small.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 341

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How much did it cost you and how much for the trade (if you don't mind me asking ofcourse?

I saw one of these just today- all black, model R/T. Man that's hot. I think Dodge is coming out with a re-design next fall though.

Very nice! Wasn't expecting another Durango on this site.. I think you'll love it. We've got the R/T and only have an air intake kit right now, makes a big difference still though. Glad you found something you like and you can't beat the warranty!

Originally posted by huskyfan23
Very nice! Wasn't expecting another Durango on this site.. I think you'll love it. We've got the R/T and only have an air intake kit right now, makes a big difference still though. Glad you found something you like and you can't beat the warranty!

yea, the R/Ts are real nice, I already had the 5.9 in another truck and the gas mileage was horrendous so I knew I couldnt afford it in a Durango haha. I have been pleased with the 4.7 so far, of course it has only been 24 hours. The first thing I am gonna do is get a muffler, I am thinking I am gonna go the spintech or magnaflow route. The intake will come later...so many things I want...so little cash, whats new?

The stock exhaust on this thing is NICE. I don't wanna touch it because it already sounds great. I guess it's a Mopar part, but you may wanna look into this...

The 4.7 is a much better engine than the 5.9. Good luck with the new ride.

I love those trucks, good choice man. Is it going street or offroad?

he's goin offroad. as soon as i get him to quit washing it so much!! :)

Lookin' good! Now we just have to get you two out in the mud! :D

A guy at my school messed his Durango up b/c he lifted it 6" and put a 3" BL on top of that! the tires are like this /\ and is butt ugly. he's already gotten it aligned but the weight of the car is to much for the size lift.

keep it stock. they look better that way. just my 2 cent

yea, i would never lift it 9 inches, i have heard that the 6 inch lift are horrible and the way to go is with the Rancho 3" and a 3" BL if you need it, when you do that you can get 35 under it. The biggest that I would want to go right now would be 33s so I would stick with the Rancho or the BL. I am gonna get some shackles and do a TT pretty soon right before I get some new tires.

Hate to see you get rid of the X but you've gotta do what you've gotta do. Now that you've got 4x4 that means you have to do Tellico with us next!!

Originally posted by TravisC
Now that you've got 4x4 that means you have to do Tellico with us next!!

Hehe, I told him that last night, he didn't seem to keen on the idea :D

Patrick, when I get back in Atlanta we need to just do a little bit of easy running around off-road, just to break it in :)

Whiplash Suspension! :D

Attachments

• durango.jpg
    durango.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 179

Originally posted by diablo5969
Hehe, I told him that last night, he didn't seem to keen on the idea :D

Patrick, when I get back in Atlanta we need to just do a little bit of easy running around off-road, just to break it in :)

I took off the running boards tonite to see what it looked like without them, I liked it, so I now I think I am gonna get Jason to help me make some functional steps that can also work as sliders. I went in the dirt tonite and it did fine, I will do anything that I can feasibly make it through with these crappy ass Wrangler RTS tires.

Originally posted by GaSouthern1
I went in the dirt tonite and it did fine, I will do anything that I can feasibly make it through with these crappy ass Wrangler RTS tires.

Cool, expect a PM tonight or tomorrow or when I remember to send one :banghead:

Back