SOLD: Yakima Whispbar roof rack | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SOLD: Yakima Whispbar roof rack

Bought a new 2008 V8 4th Gen, and unfortunately my Yakima Whispbar locking roof rails don’t transfer over to the new truck. One of the only pieces I’m parting out from my old rig is the roof rack setup. Silver Yakima Whispbar roof rails, lockable, complete with a set of 2 keys. I would take $250 Canadian shipped, or $200USD. Let me know if any of you are interested, this was an excellent setup for a roof cargo box, and would be equally suitable for a roof basket, or rooftop tent.

8A9510F4-5AA5-4B2E-9EF7-CBBB633397AD.jpeg

0063A99D-52A3-44F8-B571-93381F26A17A.jpeg

-Greg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I will take $150CAD shipped for the roof rack set. They are taking up space in my garage, and surely there must be a second gen owner out there somewhere looking to install a cargo basket, accessory lighting, etc. Feel free to make me an offer.

Do those attach any better than the OEM cross bars?

I've got another 98 now, and one of mine is missing one bar, and one side piece is slightly damaged. I have a roof rack to put on, and I might need both trucks to work short notice.

Do those attach any better than the OEM cross bars?

I've got another 98 now, and one of mine is missing one bar, and one side piece is slightly damaged. I have a roof rack to put on, and I might need both trucks to work short notice.
Yes, they are much more secure than factory. Where the factory bars use one threaded thumb wheel per side to secure the roof rails, the Yakima set uses two bolts/nuts per side, and then a locking cover goes in place on the included towers, which render the roof bars locked to the roof of the truck, so that neither they nor the attachments could be stolen/removed without the supplied key. This rack was probably the best accessory I had on my second gen.

Yes, they are much more secure than factory. Where the factory bars use one threaded thumb wheel per side to secure the roof rails, the Yakima set uses two bolts/nuts per side, and then a locking cover goes in place on the included towers, which render the roof bars locked to the roof of the truck, so that neither they nor the attachments could be stolen/removed without the supplied key. This rack was probably the best accessory I had on my second gen.

That's good, and what I hoped to hear. I'm thinking the parcels I'll put above on a rack will be large and likely weigh 20-30lbs each, with wind forces pushing on them. Those would be good to start with.

What do you need for them shipped to TN, 37920?

That's good, and what I hoped to hear. I'm thinking the parcels I'll put above on a rack will be large and likely weigh 20-30lbs each, with wind forces pushing on them. Those would be good to start with.

What do you need for them shipped to TN, 37920?
Don, PM me so we can exchange information privately. I can have them shipped out Tuesday, Nov. 12, after the Canadian long weekend.

Back