• Register Today It's free!

Solenoid pack PN check

rzimmerl

Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 XLT AWD V8
I have a 2003 XLT V8 AWD, which I believe has the 5R55W. I've got about 70K on the vehicle and will be dropping the pan and filter for the 2nd trans fluid change (with Amsoil fluid and Ford filter), and after reading a few posts on here I believe my pack is starting to show some signs of failure. I ran across a pack PN 9L2Z-7G391-A for a cheap price, the guy tells me this PN replaced 4L2Z-7G391-AA and 1L2Z-7G391-AE. Is this correct? I can get the pack from my dealer for $250, but this other one I can get for $100 NIB.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That place has the lowest price around. You will pay more anywhere else. Check his other parts, and compare how much he wants to other places. I don't know how they do it. Some parts have an option for $30 extra to get as Ford OEM new. The dealers have a large mark up. The solenoid block is remanufactured, and not new, but it has a 5 year warranty.

All the info links go to some master clearing house of 1000 things, not to what we were looking for.

And chance of a more correct direct link??

all the members havent been seen for a while with the exception of @BrooklynBay perhaps @JK080 could help you on this one too!

Al did and there are none to be found within the USA, and it is my old one or a rebuilt one and everyone said do not use them.

SO it step up to a upgrade 03/04 model and get a PCM that matches it, thus my search.

Rich

Thanks, but as we have run into already all three do not have any.

It is up grade to the 03/04 Pack and match the PCM.

Rich

Did you try parts.ford.com or some of the other local ford dealer parts sites?

OH God yes and they did searches, Silver State Ford found three that on the computer said they did but calling them they did not any longer.

Rich

Tried them both numbers are out of stock.

Back