solid axle | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

solid axle

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does when i click the link... hit your reload button if they dont show see if that works.

im go see what kind of of camber i can do with these tires. lol might roll :roll: over getting out of the driveway if i get off the curb wrong. lol :D
id like to run some 38 x 14.50's.

is it just me or do your tires look like they slant out a little at the top? other than that. WOW how much lift is there?? i'm doing the SAS but only about 5-6" of lift and i plan on running my 31's for a little while... hope it doesnt look stupid... hmm nice rig man!

yeah im sure the tires are leaning in a bit or out, after i finish a alignment should finish that out. i dont know how much lift it is. your guess is as good as mine. Still ALOT of work to go though. its going to go slow now with x-mass and all, $ is tight now.
Howard

acutally...thats just the nature of the beast with our good ol ford axles....they always eat up the outside of the tires.....and you actually can't adjust the camber on these axles....

looks good howard!!!!!!

i still dont understand how camber would be that positive with a soild front axle unless the ball joints are beyond shot. what allows them to angle like that?? is it ball joint preload? or like a bent tube or something? on a IFS i can understand why the tires would ride like that.

hmmmm maybe i'm just thinking all wrong... (which wouldnt surprise me in the least) :confused:

:chug:

check theese out it may help
Dead Link Removed

i know it says castor, but should work on camber, dont see why the hell not. also i found out james duff used to make little angled plates to go between the nuckle and spindle to help correct camber. might want to contact them. getting mine cut down in january so i'm gonna have the guy make sure my tubes are straight.

Back