Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport
Aight heres how I want my system layd out;

System;

Head Unit - Pioneer
Subwoofers - 2 12'' Rocksford Fosgates
Subwoofer Amp - Rocksford Fosgate BD1000
Subwoofer Enclosure - OBCON SS122-88
Door Speakers - Rocksford Fosgate 6 x 9's (x2)
Tweeters - Rocksford Fosgate FNQ2401X
Tweeter Amp - Rocksford Fosgate BD200
Capacitors - Rocksford Fosgate CP7430 Stiffening Capacitor
Wiring - Rockford Fosgate

Alot of the names I made up (i.e; BD200 I just made up names, Though I know what it means and Know where to find it I just did crap like that bc I didnt know the name of a fosgate 200 watt amp. Oh well) I hope I don't sound like a big jack ass. Well all I have from the system is the 2' 12's. THey hold 1,000 watts a peice. Max. :D :D :D :) :) :) :p :p :p :cool: :cool: :cool:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

P.S.

P.S.: Missing Anything...? ;)

maybe ya meant 6x8 speakers, but if yer puttin in 6x9's ya need adaptors
other than that youre gonna need at least 4 guage power wire, connections (ring terminals), RCA's

one thing though, you gonna have the speakers runnin off of what? and you got an amp specifically for the tweets? Just get an amp for the speaks, and run the tweets off the deck, or get a good 4 channel for all of them.

what kind of subs ya gettin? i.e. HX2, HE2, Power etc.

HX2's Im not to smart about system so I havn't really thought about everything... I might let the tweeters and 6x8's run of the deck then just let the Subs bu,p w/o the best clarity ?! lol :D :D :D

get the rockford punch 300x for an inexpensive amp for the mids, if you want to stay with the power series (grey), then check out the 550x, its a little powerful, but just leave the gain down.....

good call with the hx2's, ive got the punch 2212's, they look beefy, but ive got 2 500bd's running them. hope u like it too! theyre really good subs, pound 'em to death and they still ask for more.....:)

I dont want to sound like a troll.. but I really dont like RF. and I think going with them would be a bad idea...

I guess i'm biased but if it can be purchased at circuit city or best buy.. its mainstream, centered around sales over quality, which isn't a good thing, not just the product, but the entire brand.

personally I'd go with an alpine or eclipse or even nakamichi deck if yo uhad a few extra bucks in that area, and try autotek soundstream eclipse memphis zapco or something similar for amps.

just my .02 :p

Originally posted by DarkFox1
I dont want to sound like a troll.. but I really dont like RF. and I think going with them would be a bad idea...

I guess i'm biased but if it can be purchased at circuit city or best buy.. its mainstream, centered around sales over quality, which isn't a good thing, not just the product, but the entire brand.

Not much more can be said

cept:
I agree !!!!

try some McIntosh

i guess you guys dont like circuit city or something huh? ive read a couple fo posts where people call it a mainstream store and i guess the quality at those stores might not be the greatest, or it might take away from the whole stereo experience altogether..........or it could be something else..........im not sure.

i wouldnt go so far as to knock a certain brand just for being sold in the store, im sure the store asked to sell the product, not the other way around, (but ill make sure i dont go circuit city........)

personally, ill stick with the audio shop......

As far as mainstream goes ... the only sub that I've had for 7 years (but not intsalled currently) is a Cerwin Vega V104 that has been run off of a 600W Pioneer Amp. I ran this sub constantly in my previous vehicles (before I got the X) at insane sound levels. It was competition series and everyone who either saw this sub, or herd it from the inside of the vehicle could not believe how powerful it was. You know what the best part was? I bought it at Best Buy and got 15% off of it at some deal they had. I don't work for the this or any other retailer, so my point, don't knock the big guys. Just read reviews and listen to what other people have.

Good luck XxX_...

Ry.

Hey Ry:
Opinions are like you-know-what. Everyone has one. I'm not saying that you can not get good buys and the majors, you can if you are stealth, and pay attention. Some of them even have some fairly good equipment. Problem is that it is sold by mostly (not always, but mostly) unknowledgeable sales people who were selling toasters the week before. Their only concern is to make sure you buy the "exteneded warranty" so they get thier spiff. (I really wonder why they push warraties so hard). If you knw what you want and they have it - get it. I just got a new laptop at Best Buy on close out with over $400 in rebates. I'm happy.
Then there is the issue that you have what everyone else has. Not that this is bad, just repetitive. If you want anything different or esoteric, you have to move away from the majors.
It's like everyone in my neighborhood goes to Home Depot or Lowes to remodel thier house. Pretty soon, I noticed, everone's house is starting to look kinda the same. Same lights, same windows, same tile, etc. Me, I wanna be different. (remember the bamboo flooring suggestion?)
The biggest issue I have with the major electronic retailers is the "price match gurantee" It's a load of BS. They all watch the other's prices or engage in collusion so that everyone sells mostly everything at full list retail. Or the items are different by one model number digit, so they don't have to match prices (on unlike items). If they do knock something off full list, they act like you re getting a good deal. This is what frosts me the most - paying full retail. (to be fair most majors have a really liberal return policy, though)
I have always been able to get a better deal or better stuff by going outside the box.

Back at ya -
How's the floor turn out?

I have 2 10" cerwin vegas (not sure what model) and a 600W kenwood amp. I bought the whole setup in a bandpass box from my friend. It's all pretty old and sounds amazing for what I need. I dont need to shake the town. I just want it to shake my truck, which it does very nicely.

Back