SOME CHIC SMASHED MY X

Mustangc1923

Reaction score
City, State
plano,Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Explorer sport
SOME CHIC SMASHED MY X NEED HELP

i was in the left hand lane and she was in the middle sh had to turn left at the next light so changes lanes right into me!!!!! im alright she is too .... but i got at least 3 grand in damages .... front and rear fenders gone need new passenger door need all new panels need new step side bar the worst part is she admitted it was her fault then my dad called her dad and its now my fault :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

I need any suggestions so i can get her insurance company to pay for this i cant afford her lying on my record .....
Thanks
Chris

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How is it your fault?

Did ya have cops come fill out a report? If ya got 3k damages like ya claim, good chances with yer year truck they'll consider it totaled... I say this based on things I've seen in the past...
Pete

a cop came but wouldnt fill out a report.....

Why not??? Sounds weird to me...When I got rear ended, no damage to my truck, the cop filled out a report...It sounds like yours was a lot worse than that.

its totally drivable just a whole lot of dents where she came into me and then bounced off... her car is way worse but she had a cadallic.....

I don't get it. She ran into you and a cop wouldnt write a report and after your parents talked it was your fault.
Sounds like some info is missing here. If I was your ins. co. I dont think I would pay based on that report.

Why in the world did a cop show up and no report was taken? I believe there is some serious misconduct on two people's parts, you and the cop. Did you believe that she would just confess she screwed up to the world on her own? You're not married, are you? Did the cop just show up and say, "wow, that's a bu**load of damage, I don't think I need to report this." Without a report, she (or her insurance) isn't going to pay one red cent!

I still don't get how it turned into your fault?

i'm lost here... who's fault did what to who and which cop's dad?
really though... if its as you told... it should be her fault.. why wouldn't the cop file a report? and why does your dad think it was your fault now?

Hold on, I need to get my knee-high boots before I read this thread again. Even in Va., this is getting deep!

Sounds like she, or her family knew the cop.
I would go down to the station and demand a report.
You also can file a seperate complaint about the officer.

The insurance usually will make their own judgement about the accident as the police are not always right.

Good Luck.

Did ya have cops come fill out a report? If ya got 3k damages like ya claim, good chances with yer year truck they'll consider it totaled... I say this based on things I've seen in the past...

From what i understand the insurance company will repair up to 80% the value.

As for no report that is seriously messed up. I know here in NJ cops will write a ticket if they they get called out to any sort of incident. A friend of mine was driving 30mph in a mazda pickup and flipped it on its side when he went sideways and the front end caught an embankment. The cop gave him a careless driving ticket though my friend did get it knocked down in court. You gotta get some sort of report to protect yourself. Like morrisey said if there was no report there must me something going on there. It might be worthwhile to write down everything that happened so you can remember it later.

well my stepdad knows i didnt do it her dad says i did ...... it was her fault she swerved in my lane and hit me ...... i just want to try anything to get the insurance company to realize she is at fault..... the cop wasnt called lol he had just pulled over a speeder and i was exchanging info but i asked him to take a report he just handed me a blue sheet and said fill it out and mail it in
Chris

No report=You will probably get screwed.. If there's no report it comes down to your word against hers..and that's never good..

Why wouldn't you make sure a report is filled out with 3k worth of damages...seems like you weren't thinking..

i wasnt thniking i was scared outta my mind .... was driving speed limit in my own lane never thought i was gonna be hit...

understandable about not thinking right, I doubt I would be... The cop still shoulda known enough to fill out a report

Was she hot?heh

not hot enough for that matter lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Definitley get a report, my grandfather owns an Allstate Insurance office, and I can tell you right now unless you get a report filed your screwed because like they said before it will come down to your word against hers. And her insurance will not pay unless theirs proof (the report). Also definitley file a complaint on that dumbass officer, if he was pulling some one over and witnessed an accident he is required to call in another officer, not tell you to mail in a report becasue all that is in the eyes of the court is heresay, he might have just screwed you because he told you to mail in the report.

Also I don't think they will total your truck, my mom bought my 94' when I turned 16 (3 years ago) She paid around 12-15 thousand for it. Within 8 months after getting it I was driving back from school taking my friends home when an old lady cut me off and forced me to sideswipe a concrete pole. There was basically no right side to my truck, all the metal was ripped off, widows blown out. About $6000 in damage, and the truck took about 2 months to repair. Then a few months ago I was picking my mom up to go back to college for parents week when a pizza delivery truck ran a stop sign and I nailed him at about 45mph. My truck was pretty fu**** up in the front and side, about $5000 in damage. His little Toyota pick up was in 2 pieces, I ripped the cab and foward apart from the bed. At least I was built Ford Tough, he had 20" rims on it and the angle that I hit him I shoved the left front rim through his engine block and through his hood. But both times they decided not to totall my truck. But also becasue his truck was in pieces blocking all but 1 lane, when the cop was writing the report a cadillac and mustang clipped each other merging and the cadillacs sideview mirror flew towards us, and the cop called in another officer for something as minor as that. So that cop f***** up by not calling another officer for an accident.
SORRY THIS WAS SO LONG:rolleyes:

Back