Some general Sync 3 questions.. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Some general Sync 3 questions..

2800seeker

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Sport 401a Magnetic
Did a search and I didn't see anything...

1. Is there a way to enable "dark mode" 100% of the time?

2. Is there a way to change the background to a custom image?

3. Is it possible to adjust the ambient lighting intensity? The lighting in the front (door handles door pockets and foot wells, is pretty underwhelming and dim IMO.

This isnt really about Sync 3, just some general questions.

Does the 2017 explorer come with an Auto-Lock feature? Meaning if the key fob is removed from the unlocked vehicle for a certain duration the vehicle automatically locks itself? Great feature Chevrolet has.

If the car is started via the remote start, how long will the vehicle run before automatically turning off?

Is there a way to have the cooled seats turn on during remote start?

Why does the A/C cooling system seem to only be going (blower fan speed I guess) at 50% before I fully turn the vehicle during a remote start situation?

Edit: Thought of a couple more questions...

What is the EXACT difference between the base and premium sound systems? Is it just the software and power output? More speakers? Are the speakers actually different between the two systems?

Is there a thread where I can find the exact specifics of what "Sport" mode actually does?

Thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did a search and I didn't see anything...

1. Is there a way to enable "dark mode" 100% of the time?

2. Is there a way to change the background to a custom image?

3. Is it possible to adjust the ambient lighting intensity? The lighting in the front (door handles door pockets and foot wells, is pretty underwhelming and dim IMO.

This isnt really about Sync 3, just some general questions.

Does the 2017 explorer come with an Auto-Lock feature? Meaning if the key fob is removed from the unlocked vehicle for a certain duration the vehicle automatically locks itself? Great feature Chevrolet has.

If the car is started via the remote start, how long will the vehicle run before automatically turning off?

Is there a way to have the cooled seats turn on during remote start?

Why does the A/C cooling system seem to only be going (blower fan speed I guess) at 50% before I fully turn the vehicle during a remote start situation?

Edit: Thought of a couple more questions...

What is the EXACT difference between the base and premium sound systems? Is it just the software and power output? More speakers? Are the speakers actually different between the two systems?

Is there a thread where I can find the exact specifics of what "Sport" mode actually does?

Thanks in advance.

1) Just set SYNC 3 to night mode under Display settings. (Explorer manual page 468)

2) No, this only exists on Sync 2 (MyFordTouch)

3) Drag the ambient light color up and down to adjust intensity. (Explorer manual page 467)

Auto-lock: Explorer does not have this feature but you can lock the doors by pressing the button on the door handle

Remote Start: This can be changed in the instrument cluster settings (Explorer manual page 102)
Cooled seats: This can also be changed in the instrument cluster settings. (Explorer manual page 102)

The slow A/C setting on remote start has been discussed on another thread, some members thought this was due to "quiet start" but this isn't enabled on 2016/2017MY vehicles so it is part of the new software calibration and the reason is unknown at this time. The manual references quiet start but the instrument cluster setting is missing.

There are a number of differences between sound systems- Sony 500W system has different amps(class D, custom DSP in Sony 500W), number of speakers(12 in the Sony 390W & 500W), types of speakers(square coils in Sony 500W), etc. The base system is 80 watts with 6 speakers and the premium system has 9 speakers.

There is a lot of information in your Owner's Manual as PlatinumOwner alluded to. Best to read it several times as there is too much to absorb in one reading.
The Sport mode is described on page 170 of the Manual.
Also, the 'Search' feature is helpful in finding existing threads on topics already discussed.
http://www.explorerforum.com/xenforo/index.php?threads/does-explorer-have-autolock.338355/
When you ask about Dark Mode 100% of the time, are you referring to the interior lights? If so, I don't believe there is a user setting for that. See this thread if that is what you want;
http://www.explorerforum.com/xenfor...rior-lights-off-when-doors-are-opened.448785/

Peter

Thanks for the info!! I will do more digging before I ask next time. Even included manual page numbers, perfect!

Has anyone with SYNC3 WiFi updates turned on ever seen their system complete and update through their home WiFi?

Has anyone with SYNC3 WiFi updates turned on ever seen their system complete and update through their home WiFi?
The system has checked for updates from my home Wi-Fi by itself. I can tell because when I checked the status, a system check was done on a date after I had done a manual update check. My Sync 3 software version 2.2, build 16280 is the same today as it was when I got the vehicle in June 2017.

The system has checked for updates from my home Wi-Fi by itself. I can tell because when I checked the status, a system check was done on a date after I had done a manual update check. My Sync 3 software version 2.2, build 16280 is the same today as it was when I got the vehicle in June 2017.

Exactly the same as mine

Still on 2.0 and a scan for updates doesn't produce anything at all.

Peter

Still on 2.0 and a scan for updates doesn't produce anything at all.

Peter

me too...I'm hoping v3.0 is out for us soon.

I'd be happy if they pushed 2.2 out to those of us stuck at 2.0

I'd be happy if they pushed 2.2 out to those of us stuck at 2.0

Yes exactly, that's what frustrates me........v2.2 has been out for over a year and yet none of us who got our vehicles delivered with v2.0 are WiFi eligible for v2.2 on WiFi download. To get it you need to go to the dealer and say your screen goes blank intermittently. Then they look at the associated SSM and do the update to v2.2.

Why market the ease and flexibility of having no more USB or dealer visits for software updates with the new SYNC3 if you're not going to use it.

SYNC3 is being managed like My Ford Disappointment was.

Back