• Register Today It's free!

some good flex shots

Clint

Reaction score
City, State
Mesa ,AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 sport
here are some pictures of me testing out my fresh soa with zimmerman springs the only problems i noticed is i forgot to disconnect my swaybar and i need to move my shock mount up because it is over extending and stoping more down travel the other explorer is ryan"arsoul" with a 4inch trailmaster lift and my old 6 inch skyjacker coils we couldn't find any place to really show off the front flex
View

View
View

ryan got a perfect angle on this one
View

here is ryan getting the front tire up about 4-5 feet u can't tell but it's an action shot
View

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

what shocks are you running in the rear? do you have a part number for them?

i will have to ask my buddy the rear shocks they don't say what they are i got them out of his garage they were for his rock jeep they were still in good condition and they were to short for him imagine that a 2 1/2 feet shock being to short well i got the part # on the side of the shock if u want that. They work good though my old shocks were shot and were about 4 inches to short these new shocks equall 32 inches at free length i haven;t measured the compressed length because i still have about 4 inchs of shock left when the tire is stufed all the way

nice flex shots...i really lke the blue 4 door...looks like mine

ya...if you could get the part number, id appreaciat it a lot!! i just put in 2" blocks along with my soa....so the superlift shocks are getting a tad too short!

thanx man!!

Wicked flexin! Love it! ANd yes....try and help Riffman....he needs all the help he can get!
Pete

<--------------- Smacks pete upside the head!

thanks riffman i went outside to get the part number and noticed that i have big dent on the one side and looks big enough to ruin the oil seal or piston but there is no oil leaking out so who knows anyway i can't read the # it's too dark and i don't have a flash light with good bateries . i hate u riffman i wouldn't of noticed it untill later on lol

LOL!! SORRY DUDE!! well...uh...er...um...at least you noticed it before it started leaking!! Right?? hehe

this may be a stupid question, but what are zimmerman springs??? are they a brand of springs or what?
-jonathan

it's mod that u do to the stock explorer leaves lee zimmerman figured it out so it is the zimmerman mod this i how u do it u take the stock explorer leaves and cut the eyes off then go to a junk yard and buy a set ranger spring (make sure that the ranger main leaf is thinner than the explorer main leaf)take the ranger main leaf off and put it on top of the explorer leaves put the spring bolt in and u r done also do a search and u will find a lot more about it also go to the main page and look at the zimmerman featured x

mudd***** the body role was nominally affected in my opinion i am 18 so my foot is always on the go pedal and what extra body role i got was very predictable but i would suggest it because the body role i got, i was the only one who noticed it and that's because i looked for it who knows maybe it's all it my head

i am not sure what year it came off of"got them from rick "but just make sure that the ranger main leaf is thinner than the explorer main leaf sorry i could not be more helpful

btw when i say thinner i mean in height not length

my u bolts might of fit but i added deg. shims so i went ahead and got new ones at auto zone and i reused the old u bolt plate and cut all the lips off so it's a flat plate and built shock mounts on the old swaybar mount so now i have nothing hanging down except for the pumpkin

hey riffman sorry i totally forgot about the part # but i need to ask u a question where to u have your shocks mounted

hehe..its cool....as of now, on the top, they are mounted in the stock position, and on the axle, they are where the sway bar used to be. the top is hopefully going to change soon....so they can move back and forth a little better....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back