Some heat, not enough though | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Some heat, not enough though

Dan2000

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Ford Explorer sport
Hi
I have a 2003 explorer, sport xlt. I get some heat, but not enough to defrost snow on the windshield, the blower works fine at all settings and there is no clicking noises.
So far I've blew out the heater core, replaced the radiator cap, radiator, water pump, thermostat, O ring and fan clutch, anti-freeze.
If it is warm out or 45 degrees or higher (I live in the northeast and it's winter so 45 is fine) everything works fine...so I dont think its the blend door or heater core, however the return hose from the heater core is only warm to the touch, unlike the supply line, which is almost to hot to hold for any length of time.
Not sure what to do next, trying to avoid having to take the dashboard apart,to replace the heater core or go to the dealer...I would appreciate any answers. Also it could be helpful if someone could supply a complete illustrated guide to my model/year, heater layout. I'd rather spend a few bucks on a resister etc., than have to do the the dashboard thing. It's a nice truck, I want to keep it...getting frustrated!
Thanks Dan

Kindof an amateur here but i actaully JUST read about bleeding the air from the coolant system i assume thats been done though?

Back